Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a massive rebuilding job from what Koeman did to us. Nothing was going to be solved in a season or two. I think we’re actually miles ahead of where we ought to be given the state Koeman left us in. To be talking about a squad of Digne Richarlison Kean Gomes Mina barely 12 months after we waved bye to Allardyce has been a quick turnaround in my view.

Millenials! Want everything yesterday :coffee:

Just mad to fund Arsenal’s persuit of Tierney and part fund Pepe.

While we distance ourselves from the top 6 further, by buying castoffs at an inflated price.
This is a good point, for years we helped prop up United, besides we dont like Bournemouth funding Liverpool and should do the same with any club we are chasing

I didn't say it would work but we have limited options from a negotiation point of view at this stage and in order to negotiate successfully you need a BATNA (best alternative to a negotiated offer), which is your course of action if negotiations break down. Right now our BATNA (from Palace's perspective at least) is walking away with nothing, and Palace are therefore playing hardball. If we were to agree a deal for a fraction of the cost of Zaha for a 23 year old premier league winger, then we would have a stronger BATNA and Palace would have to reconsider their own position in the negotiation as a result. Expectations of both parties may still be too far apart to reach a deal but this is one of the few methods available to us to try to pressure Palace.

Wouldn't it therefore make more sense to use a player of similar value and ability, rather than an Arsenal reserve ?

That was my point.

I’d love us to go back in with a £45m combined bid for doucoure and deulofeu just to boil Watford’s p*ss

Imagine the fume.

It’d be greater than when moyes tried to take Baines and fellaini

I think he's honestly on drink/drugs or is mentally declining due to illness.

I listened for a bit a few days ago and the presenter wanted to talk about Harry Maguire, and Saunders went off on one for 20 minutes about Bolton and Bury instead - just a long, waffling, nonsensical ramble. The presenter desperately tried to shut him up and put him on track but he wouldn't.

Paying attention to what he says about football is about as stupid as talking to a drunk outside a pub about it.

I can’t wait to watch Saunders on BT Score every Saturday just slowly slipping further into the rabbit hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back