Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Until we cleanse this club of the detritus of Niasse, Tosun, Mirallas, Bolassie, Walcott, and Scheiderlin how are we expected to move on. Hope a few of em get loans.

Well no. The crystal ball obviously works both ways for one, you’re just assuming the players will be good and saying others aren’t allowed to assume they won’t. I’d say we definitely haven’t improved at centre half, and may have improved at centre mid but on paper don’t appear to have. Also last years squad was playing at top 4 level for about 8 games, not 38.
No, thats not the case at all.

If you are going to judge a window right after it happens, you have to judge it on paper, how players have played and thus will be expected to play this season. Paper is unanimous on a great window(unless you want to say DCL looks set to have a better year than Kean for example). If you arent going to judge a window on paper, and instead wait for the players to play out then....you cant judge ANYTHING right now.

And you may be new to following the team, but last years squad played at a top 4 level for the last 13 games, 33% of the season, which is coincidentally exactly when you should expect a new manager and new players to finally start to have an impact on the team.

If we, as expected, get a few injuries down the line it's evident bang average players will replace them. That is why we will struggle to make that next step up.

Based on us not signing a CB I think Gbamin will play there this season, as we only have Mina, Keane and Holgate and we will need 4 over the course of the season. Its a disappointing last day of the window, but we have done some very good work on the window overall

The Iwobi signing I dont really get, he can play left or right wing, but he is right footed and the whole window, the manager wanted a left footed player. But from that perspective I think Zaha was the same so I guess he was the option if we couldnt get Zaha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back