Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a big ask for an unproven player in this league (Gbamin) to hit the ground running, in his favoured position (defensive midfield) let alone in another position.
Absolutely - we're very thin at centre back and scratching around for options...

Holgate could end up being the equivalent of DCL last season - thrown in the deep end

Lookman 1 league goal in 2 seasons is better than Iwobi a regular for arsenal ? Yikes
Lookman got 5 in 11 at Red Bull when given a run out. Iwobi has got 6 in 3 years and as you say as a regular for Arsenal, in the same position and at a better team, one that had always been attack minded. My opinion is lookman has more talent now than Iwobi, never mind a huge amount more untapped potential

Apart from the shocking omission of a centre back that has been an encouraging window.

Kean is a great potential signing at a very reasonable fee.

Gomes - no brainer.

Gbamin , I know very little about but looks a good athlete , a great size and is well regarded - but big boots to fill in Gana.

Delph is a decent squad player.

Sidibe good back up to Seamus and if he can get back to his form of 2016/17 far better player than Coleman. On a loan so no risk option.

Lossl - yeah ok as back up .

Iwobi is a very interesting player , he can play wide or centrally. At £28 m he could turn out to be an inspired buy but far from sure what his best position is. The suggestion that he is not an upgrade on Lookman is laughable.

HOWEVER , the lack of a centre half is a real worry and injury or loss of form to Keane or Mina would be a desperate blow to our ambition. This could turn out to be a massive gamble.

So far we have shifted some deadwood but it looks like we are going to struggle to get fees for Bolasie , Mirralas , Schniederlin , Tosun or Niasse , but I suppose that there is still time.

Apart from the shocking omission of a centre back that has been an encouraging window.

Kean is a great potential signing at a very reasonable fee.

Gomes - no brainer.

Gbamin , I know very little about but looks a good athlete , a great size and is well regarded - but big boots to fill in Gana.

Delph is a decent squad player.

Sidibe good back up to Seamus and if he can get back to his form of 2016/17 far better player than Coleman. On a loan so no risk option.

Lossl - yeah ok as back up .

Iwobi is a very interesting player , he can play wide or centrally. At £28 m he could turn out to be an inspired buy but far from sure what his best position is. The suggestion that he is not an upgrade on Lookman is laughable.

HOWEVER , the lack of a centre half is a real worry and injury or loss of form to Keane or Mina would be a desperate blow to our ambition. This could turn out to be a massive gamble.

So far we have shifted some deadwood but it looks like we are going to struggle to get fees for Bolasie , Mirralas , Schniederlin , Tosun or Niasse , but I suppose that there is still time.

Why would we let Schneiderlin go this season...we have two senior cb and if Gbamin plays cb we need Schneiderlin here.

That's true but it's a shame that this is an enforced situation when everyone could see that this was an issue from the end of last season when Zouma and Jags both left having played first team football last year.
Too much time spent focusing on Zouma it seems

If I was Man U or Chelsea I definitely wouldn't have sold a centre back to us on deadline day (i.e. Smalling / Rojo / Tomori / Luiz) - could literally be the difference for them finishing in the top 6 or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back