Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If 35-year-old Wes Morgan is starting 21 games for Leicester, they won't finish top six.

All the shouts of Leicester having some amazing window need binning. They've spent £30m on Ayoze Perez (imagine our fans if we had done that - even though I personally think he's decent enough, he's not £30m), and spent £40m on a midfielder that was there for half of last season already. They've signed a FB from Luton and then yesterday Praet, who is decent enough but not a player to propel them on. Their 'net spend' is nothing because they sold Maguire so they've spent nothing either.

They have, bizarrely, not gone for another CB and are just as short as us in that area.

But yes, we've cocked up with no CB. The rest of the business has been good. The more I think about Iwobi the more I'm happy we've got another player who brings PL experience and versatility, albeit not one with Zaha's potency.
I wasn’t saying they’ve had a good window or will finish top 6? I was, however, saying they’re not as short as us at centre half, because they’re not. Morgan, Evans And soyuncu Are senior players. Benkovic is a full Croatian international with over 100 senior games under his belt, including extensive European experience. To try to compare him to Lewis Gibson, who has just turned 19 and has never played a competitive game, is frankly absurd.

Did I not read that Sidibe can play across the whole back line? 6ft with pace so maybe he is the cover? I actually think not getting another number 8 is going to be a bigger issue for the team.

How do we intend to keep top players around when we don’t push on?

Boring cycle we are stuck in here
The season hasn't started yet! Everyone knew this was going to take two or three seasons. It would be great to get into Europe this season but it's not the be all and end all. And considering we beat Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd, and only lost to Liverpool due to a goalkeeping error, last season, and all without an out-and-out striker, I'd say that this transfer window equates to pushing on.

Some people should be genuinely embarrassed when they wake up this morning.
I'm still embarrassed that I thought this was a decent starting 11.
1565338585203.webp

Did I not read that Sidibe can play across the whole back line? 6ft with pace so maybe he is the cover? I actually think not getting another number 8 is going to be a bigger issue for the team.
Right or left back, never seen him play as a CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back