Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danilo, Laporte, bravo, gundagon, sterling, aguero, sagna, cliche, nasri.

All from bigger clubs than city
Not sure about bigger, but they weren't better for certain.

Maybe Danillo - he I might concede, but that's about it.

- Laporte came from Bilbao
- Bravo came from a Barca team that was 2nd in La Liga and got smoked in the CL quarters
- Gungadon came from Dortmund
- Sterling came from a 6th placed LFC side to a much better side so no
- Aguero came from a 7th place Athletico side
- Sagna came from a 4th placed Arsenal side to the PL winning City side
- Clichy and Nasri both went from a worse Arsenal side

Sorry! You never mentioned a statute of limitations in your request!. There are other posts with an example if that suits? Edit. See Pabbers for a fuller response to your request.
I've posted my retort. The bigger teams consistently - and have to frankly - buy from teams worse than them. It's pretty common.

If Traore is the signing then we just have to wait til the ends of the summer to judge. If for example he is signed, rather than say a Neres who would likely cost much more, so that we have funds available to also buy a good striker then it makes sense. Traore gives us a left footed option to rotate with Richy and Bernard. To me that is better than signing no striker and putting Richarlison up top with neres and Bernard on the wing.

Can’t judge until we see the whole picture.

With the loan players leaving, Brands has to address the midfield, the defense and the attack this summer. There will have to be some compromises on finance to get all that done.

Its extremely hard for the likes of city but players from a team above them in fairness
Well OF COURSE, but that's the entire point. These team continue to maintain very good, superior sides, by identifying players at small / worse clubs that want to play with the best. It's the team that can identify, develop, and coach that talent that win consistently. Hard to do, easy when you just throw money all over the place, but the point is that there is nothing wrong with buying players at teams that are considered smaller / worse than Everton to get better. That's not only normal, its' essential if we want to be remotely cost effective.

If Traore is the signing then we just have to wait til the ends of the summer to judge. If for example he is signed, rather than say a Neres who would likely cost much more, so that we have funds available to also buy a good striker then it makes sense. Traore gives us a left footed option to rotate with Richy and Bernard. To me that is better than signing no striker and putting Richarlison up top with neres and Bernard on the wing.

Can’t judge until we see the whole picture.

With the loan players leaving, Brands has to address the midfield, the defense and the attack this summer. There will have to be some compromises on finance to get all that done.

That's my only point. We still have many holes to fill with this squad. Traore might be a good squad option - in a world with limited resources, it depends on value defined as performance vs. cost in fee/salary. If we were set at CM, CF, CB, RB, and every other position, of course we'd go for the best player or two at a couple positions and move on.

That being said, I would love Hirving Lozano. It also makes SO MUCH SENSE from a business standpoint. You'd capture the entire North American market, which is BADLY needed. I can't even imagine how much that would help our distribution power and marketability in a massive market with insane $$$$.

I've posted my retort. The bigger teams consistently - and have to frankly - buy from teams worse than them. It's pretty common.
I’m not disputing that, and your further post makes some sense. To be more precise than you thoughts, we should be buying younger players from smaller teams. That makes sense. However, you asked for a name and I responded, as have others. Chill mate and enjoy a spurs win tonight, they also buy from smaller clubs so here’s hoping!!!

Not sure about bigger, but they weren't better for certain.

Maybe Danillo - he I might concede, but that's about it.

- Laporte came from Bilbao
- Bravo came from a Barca team that was 2nd in La Liga and got smoked in the CL quarters
- Gungadon came from Dortmund
- Sterling came from a 6th placed LFC side to a much better side so no
- Aguero came from a 7th place Athletico side
- Sagna came from a 4th placed Arsenal side to the PL winning City side
- Clichy and Nasri both went from a worse Arsenal side

All of them are or were bigger than city at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back