Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In an odd moment of sanity I've suddenly realised how bizarre it is that in 2019 I'm sitting at a laptop constantly hitting the refresh button to see who we might or might not be signing from around the world for obscene amounts of money........wonder what our grandparents would make of today's technology and the level of transfer fees/salaries being discussed. It's only 50 years ago that Martin Peters (RIP) was UK first £200,000 transfer!

Last edited:

But if we offered £70 million for Malcom or Neres who's totally unproven in a top league people would be loving it.

Every transfer is risky but Zaha has atleast shown he's a very good player at this level.

I think this is missing the point - I don't think many people have an issue with Zaha, he's clearly a very good player, but as good as he is, he wouldn't solve one of the biggest problems we had last season; having no player comfortable playing on the right (aside from Walcott who is bang average). So Zaha would either be playing upfront, or competing with Richarlison & Bernard to play on the left.

This is all frying my brain
Might even watch Tipping point. Benidorms Mateo, Jacqueline and Kenneth from Blow and Go are on later

We all know we won't sign him for £52M.

giphy.gif

In an odd moment of sanity I've suddenly realised how bizarre it is that in 2019 I'm sitting at a laptop constantly hitting the refresh button to see who we might or might not be signing from around the world for obscene amounts of money........wonder what our grandparents would make of today's technology and the level of transfer fees/salaries being discussed. It's only 50 years ago that Martin Peters (RIP) was UK first £200,000 transfer!

Martin Peters is still with us mate!!
:)

52m + Tosun might get the job done or 55m + add ons + McCarthy

I'd be surprised if we don't try and conclude this swiftly now if it's true and we've bid 52m. Don't think we'll be going past 60m upfront personally for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back