Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ademola Lookman £23k £16.20m
Nikola Vlasic £30k £14.13m
Phil Jagielka £50k Free Transfer
Mateusz Hewelt £5k Free Transfer
Luke Garbutt £30k Loan
Brendan Galloway £22k Free Transfer
Sandro Ramírez £105k Loan
Kieran Dowell £15k Loan
Jonjoe Kenny £15k Loan
Shani Tarashaj £15k Tarashaj Loan
Harry Charsley £1k Without Club
Ashley Williams £70k Without Club
Gana Geuye £75k £28m*

Wages saved ~ £500k p/w
Fees generated ~ £60m

Sandro’s whole wages offloaded - which is unlikely, So, that that figure to ~ £400k p/w which equates to £20m over the season.

Also never added any loan fees in, so if anything the figures are conservative.
I can't see where you added back in

Gomes £120k £23 m
Lossl £35k -
Delph £125 k £9m

Wages est £280k
Fees £31m

Well it isnt rubbish is it?

A large % of posters dont think its rubbish...

How can you even assess a player for Palace whose only once netted 10 goals and say hes a player to SCARE any premiership team.

All defenders need to do is sit back, point...and laugh.

Kean -- Richarlison -- Zaha whatever way they line up...no good against a deep defence.

Well rather than looking at numbers on a database I can only go off watching him play football against us, and when he gets the ball in the final third running at defenders he does actually scare me.

Well rather than looking at numbers on a database I can only go off watching him play football against us, and when he gets the ball in the final third running at defenders he does actually scare me.

Best player with the ball at his feet in the prem now Hazard has gone.

Bit biased but can see RIcharlison being up there after more experience.

If you look at it from another angle, when teams play palace they go after them, so Zaha has far more space than richarlison, and in reality should be getting closer to 20 goals than just hitting double figures for the first time in his career

We’ve seen teams put 10 men behind the ball, you need someone like David Silva in this situation, one pass and the defence is carved open and a top striker to slot (this is where the money should be spent).

I understand the point you are making but I think your logic is slightly flawed.

You are essentially saying it’s easier for Zaha because he’s in an inferior team and so he should be banging them in. That doesn’t really make sense. Whenever they play he has 2 men on him because teams can afford to do that as there is little threat from elsewhere.

Imagine teams putting 2 men on him when we’ve got richarlison, sigurdsson, Bernard and possible Kean on the pitch.

Zaha chance creation is very high. Read it was bigger last season then siggurson and bernards combined.

Seeing as our main issue last season was creating chances and the other was the transition in play (both of which zaha is very good at) is say he would be a exceptional signing.

Also the majority of people on here bad mouthing zaha seem to be the same posters who openly admit to of only seeing him play twice a season.

Also if you think having a player who regularly runs past 3-4 players wouldn't scare a defence on his own let alone with richarlison and kean to worry about. Then you've suffered some form of head trauma or something.

Clearly you havent seen Crystal Palace play even once (or twice) a season as youre comparing them to Everton Football Club.

You're comparing him being a focal point and main player in a team with a totally different style of play to freely admitting he'd be lined up with two other players with arguably superior ability.

As for the head trauma comment...pretty much adds to the nonsense post you made.

If you look at it from another angle, when teams play palace they go after them, so Zaha has far more space than richarlison, and in reality should be getting closer to 20 goals than just hitting double figures for the first time in his career

We’ve seen teams put 10 men behind the ball, you need someone like David Silva in this situation, one pass and the defence is carved open and a top striker to slot (this is where the money should be spent).
Palace is a one man team, All other teams have to do is bully Zaha out the game and Palace threat is non existent and look at Palace surrounding players with Zaha, They are laughably bad he's doing most of the work himself and managed to get 10 goals and 5 assists which isn't too shabby. I know it's a lot of money for him but some people go on like he's absolute garbage.

But you could say the same about Richarlison, playing for Watford he only scored 5 goals, yet at Everton he's hitting double figures. More teams would have been likely to come out and attack Watford than Everton, so it depends on the set up of the team he's playing in more than anything really. Zaha could bag 15 in a team that allows more than 2 players out of their own half at a time.

Footage of Gana arriving in Paris :(

giphy.gif

Best player with the ball at his feet in the prem now Hazard has gone.

Bit biased but can see RIcharlison being up there after more experience.

I don’t think richy is that good a dribbler myself and Zaha may be able to dribble but I wouldn’t say he’s the best with the ball at his feet.

But you could say the same about Richarlison, playing for Watford he only scored 5 goals, yet at Everton he's hitting double figures. More teams would have been likely to come out and attack Watford than Everton, so it depends on the set up of the team he's playing in more than anything really. Zaha could bag 15 in a team that allows more than 2 players out of their own half at a time.

Except when Silva went he was playing like a 2nd left back...

Scare you as in Bolasie scary / McGeady scary or Kanchelskis scary?

I think Zaha is top quality, and I’d be willing to chuck Tosun and McCarthy into the deal, on top of our 55 million cash deal, to reach Palace’s 80 million valuation.

Brand’s remit isn’t just to get as much ‘value’ as possible, it’s to make us lean as possible through getting rid of the excess fat that has been useless and nothing but a drain to us over the past few years.

McCarthy hasn’t completed a football game since December 2016, and there are currently another four players in his position that would be picked ahead of him right now. He costs us at least 50k a week. To set a value of 8 – 10 million and use him as makeweight in a deal for Zaha is more than fine with me. There isn’t a queue of clubs lining up to buy him, the only rumoured bid has come from Palace, funnily enough.

Tosun isn’t the crappest striker in the world, and a 15 million valuation is probably about right. But he’s a slow lump that is never going to make it in a Silva team, or any other team that genuinely wants to complete with the top 6 teams in the country. He must be on about 60k a week at least, and he’s just not worth it. He’s excess fat that needs shedding.

If it’s what required to meet Palace’s valuation, I’d have no problem throwing those two into the mix along with our 55 million pound cash bid. We’d be much better off for it , imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back