Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is why we fired in such a huge bid this late in the window leaving us with limited time to move onto new targets. Of course they are other irons in the fire etc but you wouldn’t imagine too many others at £55m a pop.

I can’t help but think something has gone amiss in the strategy for the window and that I need to go buy waterproof sheets.

This really.

I have no problem with the bid. But to just then pull out after having one bid rejected (at this stage in the window) is very odd. So the statement is either balls and we're off back for him, or we are genuinely pulling out which seems an extremely strange thing to do after lobbing in a record fee for us but one we knew would get rejected as it was short of Palace's valuation.

I agree with shouts that the deal was an opportunistic one, but if the club were willing to lump up a club-record fee, then that 'opportunistic' bid, by definition, becomes a priority, especially since its so late in the window.

I'm not panicking. I reckon we have it in hand. But it has been left late and then if we really have pulled out after one bid then I have to question the sense in it.

Getting twitchy bum now, times creeping away. Come on Everton,ramp up the enthusiasm on the eve of the new season with a big signing.

If it’s over then very strange to lash £55m at someone and then just walk away at the first refusal. Hardly an inconsiderable sum and for that you would reasonably imagine he was the number 1 target.
Or Barcelona saw us going elsewhere for a winger at the price they wanted for Malcolm so cut the price of Malcolm The idea of having Bernard on one wing and Malcolm on the other tickles me

Poor Marco must be dreading training each day, having to involve the likes of Besic, McCarthy, Mirallas, Bolasie, (Martina?), et al, when it's clear as day they'll not get a kin minute on the field between them all season. Don't even bother sending them to train with the u17s, just get them working 9-6 in the Finch Farm canteen.
It is tricky though, imagine getting a new boss at work, in a few weeks he realises who the slackers are but he can’t sack people just for being useless.

This really.

I have no problem with the bid. But to just then pull out after having one bid rejected (at this stage in the window) is very odd. So the statement is either balls and we're off back for him, or we are genuinely pulling out which seems an extremely strange thing to do after lobbing in a record fee for us but one we knew would get rejected as it was short of Palace's valuation.

I agree with shouts that the deal was an opportunistic one, but if the club were willing to lump up a club-record fee, then that 'opportunistic' bid, by definition, becomes a priority, especially since its so late in the window.

I'm not panicking. I reckon we have it in hand. But it has been left late and then if we really have pulled out after one bid then I have to question the sense in it.
I think we waited because his preference was arsenal. Once they dropped out it put us in a much better position. I also don’t think this is over, irrespective of what has been ‘quoted’.

It is tricky though, imagine getting a new boss at work, in a few weeks he realises who the slackers are but he can’t sack people just for being useless.
Need to get Unsy to bring his gorgeous daughter in and hopefully spot the gang of previously-mentioned useless gets copping a glance at her, then fire them for sexual misconduct after she hands in a pre-planned harassment claim.

This really.

I doubt we'll bid once and walk away. I think we are probably trying to unsettle him. Bid, walk away and play a bit of a waiting game.

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or a serious suggestion. McCarthy at Barca lol ..............so it was sarcasm
Well he's cheaper than Zaha so if funds are an issue we could offer around £15m for him and then they can try and make a profit on the other two in January. Will add a good £10m onto their values coming from barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back