Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s over then very strange to lash £55m at someone and then just walk away at the first refusal. Hardly an inconsiderable sum and for that you would reasonably imagine he was the number 1 target.
Maybe the gap between offer and what CP hope to get is too much and Brands knows that. Ive done similar trying to buy a house. Counter offer was crazy so I walked away.

Other thing is, I was wondering, maybe at some point Brands wants to make a statement that he isnt a pushover and will play hard ball.

If the link to Zenit is legitimate, there should be question about Malcom's mentality.

A few South American (mostly Argentine's granted) have gone to Zenit, all for a big payday.

If there is a confirmed bid, that means his agent is giving Zenit the go ahead.

I think we waited because his preference was arsenal. Once they dropped out it put us in a much better position. I also don’t think this is over, irrespective of what has been ‘quoted’.
Let’s be honest, Zaha is a pretty good player, so why is this looking like only us and Arsenal are showing interest in him? I’m puzzled.

Half of topic but keep seeing people saying Malcolm has agreed to join 'zenith'

Is it not zenit?
It thought so but my darling son is demanding a zenith training top at the moment (it's absolutely garish but he's 9 so I guess that's their thing) whilst he's on holiday there. So who knows - I suspect that our Russian friends might Anglicise it in translation for us.

Most overlooked sub plot in the wimdow so far is centre half.

Have a feeling zoumas not completely dead. Maybe one for deadline day.

Lampard only said he'd like him to stay. Not an official he's not for sale.

Yes he's had loads of minutes pre season, but then so has Kevin mirallas.

You'd think David Luiz and rudiger when fit are the starters. If things go south for Lampard zouma will defo be one of the first fall guys out the team.

Probably a straight shoot out between him and tomori for a squad berth. Although tbh if I was Chelsea and had to ship a defender it'd be christiensen, who is not that good.

Anyway, moisty kean can we get this the frig done today purlease.

I reckon Silva has told Zooms to play crap in pre season, so that Lamps won't want him...….

Let’s be honest, Zaha is a pretty good player, so why is this looking like only us and Arsenal are showing interest in him? I’m puzzled.
My guess is very few clubs in world football (especially outside the PL) could afford this kind of fee, those that can are ok for that position.

Maybe he wants to stay in PL. Outside us and arsenal, who needs him who could afford him.

Maybe lots were interested but he would only consider a handful of clubs in the first place.

Maybe the gap between offer and what CP hope to get is too much and Brands knows that. Ive done similar trying to buy a house. Counter offer was crazy so I walked away.

Other thing is, I was wondering, maybe at some point Brands wants to make a statement that he isnt a pushover and will play hard ball.
After Koemageddon that is a must.

“Really I would like to have our full squad before the end of July, at least for me to have 10 days to prepare the first Premier League match,” Silva told the ECHO.

Stop bed wetting manager Marco. Darren Griffiths says there is a feel good factor around the club. Get with the program!!

This really.

I have no problem with the bid. But to just then pull out after having one bid rejected (at this stage in the window) is very odd. So the statement is either balls and we're off back for him, or we are genuinely pulling out which seems an extremely strange thing to do after lobbing in a record fee for us but one we knew would get rejected as it was short of Palace's valuation.

I agree with shouts that the deal was an opportunistic one, but if the club were willing to lump up a club-record fee, then that 'opportunistic' bid, by definition, becomes a priority, especially since its so late in the window.

I'm not panicking. I reckon we have it in hand. But it has been left late and then if we really have pulled out after one bid then I have to question the sense in it.
Makes sense to me

You can say what you want,
But I won't change my mind,
I'll feel the same,
'bout the Blues

And you can tell me your reasons,
But I won't change my feelings,
I'll feel the same,
'bout the Blues.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back