Summer transfer window 2023

Not really sure on what to make of the people we are linked with:

Bilal Toure - never ever watched him play
Gnoto - looked tricky for Leeds and exciting prospect
Harrison - again, looks decent but a McNeil style winger, nothing too fancy but would get the job done
Elanga - not good enough for any United team under loads of managers…. Stick with Gray?
Rodrigo - gone to Saudi like every other mercenary, was good but older anyway

Just seems like a merry go round of this player that player without much evidence that we are actually going for them. All a bit pie in the sky if you ask me.

I completely agree and understand with your point but what we know is that everyone who has been hired by the current regime are simply there to protect the status quo.

Those who disagree are shipped out or walk . So with that in mind anyone who agrees to stay are enablers no ?
Yeah, they are, whether they think they’re trying to do a good job in a bad situation or they’re willingly supporting them.

I can see the frustration with that. But we signing untried and untested players doesn’t guarantee success. Onana, Patterson and Mykolenko are the ones we’ve signed in recent times. None of them have exactly been outstanding successes so far.

The club is clearly petrified of relegation first and foremost - and the safest way to avoid that is to have players you are reasonably certain can cut it at this level. With our budget, we kind of need that certainty
Cutting it isn't really what we should be doing though. What's the definition of cutting it? Michael Keane is one of the worst CBs I have ever seen and he's going into what, his 6th year with us? We wanted PL experience, even though he was clearly not very good at Burnley either. We always do this, no matter where we are in the league, and then wonder why we never get any better.

Don't think elanga is great but he's young with potential so if it's a loan with option or a relatively cheaper deal similar to garner I'd be happy with that.

Buying people young and fairly cheap always allows you the option to move them on pretty easily if it doesn't work out without losing TO much.
True but supposedly we are giving Utd a very low buy back fee and a hefty sell-on, so perhaps not.