Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
David is being courted by a number of clubs in the Prem apparently. Utd, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle. He wants Champions League football so I guess it rules a couple out. Teams in Italy are in for him too.

If theyve not moved, theres always a deal to be done.

Zat we are not rich.

Speak for yourself darling...

Imagine wetting the bed with how we are not rich etc… kin boring drivel , no one knows anything but all pretend they do …… weird

Yes its boring, repetitive and unknown.

From our initial outlay on Gray, circa 1.5 m ? I'd much rather we keep, presuming he wants to stay, unless the Arab's come in with crazy money !!!

I’d sell him but not for 7m or whatever is being touted.
15m should be the figure and add another 10m if they’re Saudi

A year ago Almeria paid about £6m for the player we’re apparently willing to pay £40mil for today.

So the players are defo out there. It’s about identifying them before they become £40mil players.

Just because we will pay 40m doesn’t mean he’s a 40m player…. He’s probably really worth 9m like bolasie , iwobi and co

Do you think this reeks of another Moise Keane Eggs?I was ecstatic when he signed,doh!!!

….I’d be lying if I said I knew, Matey. I was also delighted with Kean until I watched him live for 30mins. I can see why posters are comparing the two but I hope somebody got off their backside & watched this lad live.

i suppose any young striker we sign will come with risk but of all the links this is the one that most impresses. His goal return isn’t great but he looks like he has the physicality, quality and attitude to trouble defenders in this league. I’d be more concerned with his injury record.

Looks like Elye Wahi in talks with Chelsea.

Aside from El Bilal, the other 2 I mentioned were Jonathan David and Folarin Balogun.

If we dont get El Bilal then hopefully we move onto those two.
David for me - I doubt he will go for installments or £30m

I find this interesting as well. People had Dyche typecast as a pure Brexitball 4-4-2 manager who’ll only sign English dogs to play hoof ball up to. It’s really been anything but and it’s actually refreshing to see.

I think he’s probably the first manager we’ve had since we introduced a DoF that will actually work WITH him instead of against them. Every manager we’ve seemed to have had always brought in “their” players, even Lampard was given that authority for some reason. However now it seems at the very least he and Thelwell are on the same page and want the same players.

It’s why I don’t really get the Thelwell abuse to be honest, the man and his predecessor were barely allowed to get on with the job because of meddling from others. This seems to be the first time they’ve allowed him basically full reign.

The profile of the players are all perfect, whether we get them over the line is another thing but we’re certainly moving in the right direction. If we continue on this way we’ll have a much better squad and a much better football club for it at the end of the window, no doubt in my mind.
The club has been a mess for some time, but a dose of positivity from supporters is refreshing. As someone who sees the gloomy side of things, It does my soul good.

Hopefully we are beginning to turn the corner.

He does chat poo him like.

So why would they accept €25/30 mil from Atalanta yet ours is €40 mil.

Said Gnonto was signing last week.

Because Atalanta may be paying 20 upfront and ours is 2m a year for the next 20 years and is dependent on us winning the cl.

It means they can actually go out and replace him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back