Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally speaking this Toure is the right profile for what we need to do. But I just don’t see how we can put 40m into any single player even if it is spread over multiple years of payments.

Has anyone actually said it'll be 40m or is this just based on that tweet from Sacha ages ago. That was a release clause, I read plenty of tweets saying Atalanta were trying to sign him for a fee much lower than that.

Generally speaking this Toure is the right profile for what we need to do. But I just don’t see how we can put 40m into any single player even if it is spread over multiple years of payments.
Isn't it reported at 40 m euros? Which makes it about 38m? say he get's a four year contract it's spread over that also I would say it's probably 20m euros with big add on incentives like goals scored, games played. Let's see if he chooses us. We must have had some encouragement to go as far down the road with it.

Has anyone actually said it'll be 40m or is this just based on that tweet from Sacha ages ago. That was a release clause, I read plenty of tweets saying Atalanta were trying to sign him for a fee much lower than that.

Isn't it reported at 40 m euros? Which makes it about 38m? say he get's a four year contract it's spread over that also I would say it's probably 20m euros with big add on incentives like goals scored, games played. Let's see if he chooses us. We must have had some encouragement to go as far down the road with it.
Hopefully it is well less in practical terms. Still being definitely on the hook for 20m is a lot for us.

A year ago Almeria paid about £6m for the player we’re apparently willing to pay £40mil for today.

So the players are defo out there. It’s about identifying them before they become £40mil players.
Same with Onana. Seems they don't want to take a risk in a player unless they're in a big league already

I am actually quite happy with the names we are being linked with. I read a quote at the end of the season that Dyche wanted to focus on young, quick, attacking players.
I find this interesting as well. People had Dyche typecast as a pure Brexitball 4-4-2 manager who’ll only sign English dogs to play hoof ball up to. It’s really been anything but and it’s actually refreshing to see.

I think he’s probably the first manager we’ve had since we introduced a DoF that will actually work WITH him instead of against them. Every manager we’ve seemed to have had always brought in “their” players, even Lampard was given that authority for some reason. However now it seems at the very least he and Thelwell are on the same page and want the same players.

It’s why I don’t really get the Thelwell abuse to be honest, the man and his predecessor were barely allowed to get on with the job because of meddling from others. This seems to be the first time they’ve allowed him basically full reign.

The profile of the players are all perfect, whether we get them over the line is another thing but we’re certainly moving in the right direction. If we continue on this way we’ll have a much better squad and a much better football club for it at the end of the window, no doubt in my mind.

This will be Atalanta‘s 6th season in Europe from the last seven, including 2 Champions League campaigns. We can only dream of such a flash in the pan! We need to realise modern players do not give a damn how good we were in the 80s!
Premiership and Wages or Italy and a fruitless European adventure..

Hopefully the Danjuma deal just made up his mind..

( Tho, I still aint got a clue regarding his actual ability..

I find this interesting as well. People had Dyche typecast as a pure Brexitball 4-4-2 manager who’ll only sign English dogs to play hoof ball up to. It’s really been anything but and it’s actually refreshing to see.

I think he’s probably the first manager we’ve had since we introduced a DoF that will actually work WITH him instead of against them. Every manager we’ve seemed to have had always brought in “their” players, even Lampard was given that authority for some reason. However now it seems at the very least he and Thelwell are on the same page and want the same players.

It’s why I don’t really get the Thelwell abuse to be honest, the man and his predecessor were barely allowed to get on with the job because of meddling from others. This seems to be the first time they’ve allowed him basically full reign.

The profile of the players are all perfect, whether we get them over the line is another thing but we’re certainly moving in the right direction. If we continue on this way we’ll have a much better squad and a much better football club for it at the end of the window, no doubt in my mind.
Agree but you have to look at thelwell last summer and in jan did have a part to play in it. But as you say is hopefully less from moshiri ect pushing agents and players

I am only going off YouTube for this dude, don’t watch Spanish footie, but surely a YouTube vid wants to be impressive.
Well that could be it, I mean anybody can look good on Youtube and are total 🐶💩, This lad could prove the exact opposite..

Onana was completely random last season, and not exactly known..

This could be his Diamond this year ( Just we're stuck with Dyche convincing the lad this year..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back