Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something literally doesn't add up if we can afford EBT. The club might just be happy to have news out they're working on things. I don't see this coming off at all.
Yeah something feels off. I would like to be positive but I just can't see past the mess we're in and the constant negligence and incompetence we've been subjected to over the years. If (and it's a Andre the Giant sized IF) we pull this off then maybe I'll believe things are changing but the sceptic in me sees this as another "oh well, we tried for this player, what more do you want?"

Think im 65% goat on this one. (What a horrendous thing to say)

Not to the point that we shouldn't sign him, but as the video shows, he's not a 'tidy' footballer. He may come and score goals, offer other things (PLEASE PACE!!), but he doesn't look particularly tidy or controlled in possession. On the flipside of that, looks to be one who can poach quite well.
He can't trap a bag of cement

Something literally doesn't add up if we can afford EBT. The club might just be happy to have news out they're working on things. I don't see this coming off at all.
It doesn't make sense, does it? I love the way when these things are rumoured we go from 'we do not have 3m to spend' to 'you don't understand how these deals are structured'

I can see one of the following happening.

We sign this kid El Bilal Toure. (I don't see it unless MSP have suddenly rocked up and decided screw it let's just spend spend spend)
We don't sign Toure but sign Iheanacho (If i was a betting man this is where my money would be)
And finally, given that he's burnt most his bridges and no one wants him, Chairman Bill will get on the blower to Chelsea and offer Lukaku an escape which Chelsea will accept but Rom will turn down as he see's himself as above us but Dyche will convince him to come back. (wildcard)

Haven’t we just been paid the TV money? I’m
Sure I read something. Also we have plenty of rich people at the club,
Including some of the new investors. Say they want 10mil down payment and we only have 5mil. Maybe someone is prepared to pay the difference for now, we have plenty of time to recoup that money.

Think im 65% goat on this one. (What a horrendous thing to say)

Not to the point that we shouldn't sign him, but as the video shows, he's not a 'tidy' footballer. He may come and score goals, offer other things (PLEASE PACE!!), but he doesn't look particularly tidy or controlled in possession. On the flipside of that, looks to be one who can poach quite well.
goes sideways a lot

Yeah something feels off. I would like to be positive but I just can't see past the mess we're in and the constant negligence and incompetence we've been subjected to over the years. If (and it's a Andre the Giant sized IF) we pull this off then maybe I'll believe things are changing but the sceptic in me sees this as another "oh well, we tried for this player, what more do you want?"
Maybe something to do with the accepting the fee in installments over a 3/4 year period

Haven’t we just been paid the TV money? I’m
Sure I read something. Also we have plenty of rich people at the club,
Including some of the new investors. Say they want 10mil down payment and we only have 5mil. Maybe someone is prepared to pay the difference for now, we have plenty of time to recoup that money.

What new investors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back