Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah something feels off. I would like to be positive but I just can't see past the mess we're in and the constant negligence and incompetence we've been subjected to over the years. If (and it's a Andre the Giant sized IF) we pull this off then maybe I'll believe things are changing but the sceptic in me sees this as another "oh well, we tried for this player, what more do you want?"
Tbh most of the “no way we can do this, must be a fake bid” takes are the same as we heard before signing Onana. No one knows the actual financial numbers.

If it wasn’t for some “ITK” types, none of whom work for the club, saying otherwise we’d all assume we had a decent sized budget from the Gordon and Kean sales.

The budget will be a closely guarded secret and if those saying there is zero money are wrong it’s not like the club would bother correcting them.

The guy who first broke our interest in EBT three weeks ago (Sacha Tavolieri) also explained that we were offering stage payments over a multi-year (five) deal. Paraphrasing a Chairman Bill saying from the Moyes era you don’t need £30m to buy a £30m player. This is how we afford him IF he chooses us.
That's brilliant. I can't imagine that kind of thinking ever getting us into any kind of mess.

Dislocated shoulder is usually between 2-6 months out. Depending on if surgery is needed.
That’s a one week injury for speedway riders who have to hold on to a motorbike on a dirt track at 60mph. It’s only 2-6 months for weightlifters and javelin throwers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back