Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven’t we just been paid the TV money? I’m
Sure I read something. Also we have plenty of rich people at the club,
Including some of the new investors. Say they want 10mil down payment and we only have 5mil. Maybe someone is prepared to pay the difference for now, we have plenty of time to recoup that money.
Perhaps yes, I'm certainly not averse to the spending if it transpires, just not really in keeping the with not got a pot to pee in narrative that's been set for this window.

There was some word a few weeks back about a % of the MSP cash going to transfers, and that would make sense, but as nothing on that front is likely to be confirmed until much later in the window, or beyond, it has surprised me thats all.

Unless some of the Gordon and Kean money is available, that's all that would make sense.

The important thing is getting the transfers right. We have no room for error so if they're prepared to go all out for EBT, then he had better be the real deal.

That’s a one week injury for speedway riders who have to hold on to a motorbike on a dirt track at 60mph. It’s only 2-6 months for weightlifters and javelin throwers.

No, its not.

As I stated before Charlie Austin was out for two thirds of the season with a dislocated shoulder.

There's also numerous medical articles talking about the length of time for footballers to recover from dislocated shoulders. All of which report a 2-6 month recovery time depending on if surgery is needed.

Were talking about multiple million pound assets in one of the most wealthiest sports in the world, playing at the peak of their physical fitness.

Theirs a bit of a difference between that and some rednecks driving round a backfield on push bikes with engines attached.

I didn’t say I agreed with it!

To be fair it is normal in football but it places an onus on strong financial planning, excellent cash flow management and effective financial controls none of which I deem to be Everton strengths in recent years (as a now retired CFO doing non-exec stuff).
I didn't mean to sound snide. Sorry

disagree on it meaning nothing? or disagree that they were prem proven? lol

each to their own anyway. I'm sure there are loads of players who move to another up the prem team ladder and become significantly better... just can't think of any off hand.

(Lukaku to Man Utd was a prem proven forward, Barkley to Chelsea etc etc etc)

disagree on it meaning nothing? or disagree that they were prem proven? lol

each to their own anyway. I'm sure there are loads of players who move to another up the prem team ladder and become significantly better... just can't think of any off hand.

(Lukaku to Man Utd was a prem proven forward, Barkley to Chelsea etc etc etc)
Good points. Right fit obviously means everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back