Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t say I agreed with it!

To be fair it is normal in football but it places an onus on strong financial planning, excellent cash flow management and effective financial controls none of which I deem to be Everton strengths in recent years (as a now retired CFO doing non-exec stuff).
Obviously it’s important not to over burden ourselves with annual instalment payments just to get players in the door but when there are obvious new revenue streams coming a year or two down the line it does make sense to push back outgoings til then.

Also got to remember these instalments are not a one way street, from the last accounts there is almost 80 million owed to us within the next 4 years for player sales and those instalments coming in obviously massively balance those going out.

9E128808-883A-4FBA-993A-035B9D8D713A.webp

Some new faces and looking like Fulham missing Palhinha and Mitrovic, hopefully a win to get our season off to a positive start 💪🏻
Watched the Fulham game yesterday and seen our game v Wigan, different levels and there has to be change before that game is played, otherwise we will be staring at an early home defeat.
Also they have just signed Jimminez who does well v us

Sorry for being negative but why are we playing teams pre season to not show the standards we need to be at?

Some 2nd Swiss team (1 goal scored +pen )
Then wigan (1 goal )
Bolton and Stoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back