Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy who first broke our interest in EBT three weeks ago (Sacha Tavolieri) also explained that we were offering stage payments over a multi-year (five) deal. Paraphrasing a Chairman Bill saying from the Moyes era you don’t need £30m to buy a £30m player. This is how we afford him IF he chooses us.
This seems to be the way we are doing things. We are skint but will spend money when we find a club daft enough to accept our payment terms.

That's brilliant. I can't imagine that kind of thinking ever getting us into any kind of mess.
I didn’t say I agreed with it!

To be fair it is normal in football but it places an onus on strong financial planning, excellent cash flow management and effective financial controls none of which I deem to be Everton strengths in recent years (as a now retired CFO doing non-exec stuff).

This seems to be the way we are doing things. We are skint but will spend money when we find a club daft enough to accept our payment terms.
Not really about being daft. Clearly to get instalments we pay an overall total that’s above the odds, lots of clubs do that, Chelsea especially of late.

May well be a situation where Atalanta will pay, say, 20m cash but we are offering 30m over instalments. Unless Almeria have pressing financial issues the higher amount is better for them in the long run.

Most clubs in leagues with lower guaranteed tv income etc are happy to do these deals because it’s guaranteed steady income over a number of years.

Everything from the way the club seems to be operating says we have just about enough of a budget to put together a package for one real money signing if we don’t sell anyone else.

Now we have Danjuma onboard for a nominal amount giving us an option on the wing & as second striker surely we can now throw the whole budget at a centre forward who is more like for like with DCL.

There is no mystery player.

Myers lied and what he will do is keep saying ongoing till we sign somebody, then he will say "It was them".

If I owned this forum I would ban anybody who posted tweets from Myers and that little brummie ferret who bums bobble.
I don’t believe he did, Dembele made his decision over the weekend, the expectation was that he wanted the premier league, looks like the money got the better of him

Not really about being daft. Clearly to get instalments we pay an overall total that’s above the odds, lots of clubs do that, Chelsea especially of late.

May well be a situation where Atalanta will pay, say, 20m cash but we are offering 30m over instalments. Unless Almeria have pressing financial issues the higher amount is better for them in the long run.

Most clubs in leagues with lower guaranteed tv income etc are happy to do these deals because it’s guaranteed steady income over a number of years.
I am fairly certain our up front payments are not very appealing to clubs, hence no one coming in last January

Obviously no one pays 40 mil up front its just that we appear to be offering terrible terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back