Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If El Bilal Toure comes in, I think it means we have already agreed a big money outgoing deal, so that's Onana or Pickford off. If we need to let Pickford go to finance the move, I'd rather we looked at cheaper options and kept Pickford.

Pickford isn't going anywhere.

Doesn't make sense, because 1) no "top" club in the league needs a keeper and 2) we'd have to reinvest most of the money made from pickford to sign a good enough keeper to replace him

I do think it's important that the player is physically capable of playing in our league though. No denying there are players who just aren't up to it, but I think the ability to play in the system/style is as important.

For example I think an absolute disaster at Everton (not that we can afford him) would be Memphis Depay.
Yup Depay is grade A knob. Would never even try to get him.

If El Bilal Toure comes in, I think it means we have already agreed a big money outgoing deal, so that's Onana or Pickford off. If we need to let Pickford go to finance the move, I'd rather we looked at cheaper options and kept Pickford.
Why? Last season we bought Onana out the blue when everyone was saying we had ‘no money’.
This was the same window we spent on Maupay, McNeil, Coady loan, Garner by the way.

My take is that we might be skint for a premier league team but we’re still a premier league team with all that tv and other money coming in. We also have a lower wage bill than last season with Mina and co. gone…

Why? Last season we bought Onana out the blue when everyone was saying we had ‘no money’.
This was the same window we spent on Maupay, McNeil, Coady loan, Garner by the way.

My take is that we might be skint for a premier league team but we’re still a premier league team with all that tv and other money coming in. We also have a lower wage bill than last season with Mina and co. gone…
We made a 60m sale to be fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back