Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
One is crap and had to play for Jamaica to get international caps. The other is 19 and has 11 caps for Italy

Gray scored more last season though didn't he?

We don't half need some goals/assists in that final third - Gray isn't the best but we can't afford to go backwards anywhere in that final third.

If El Bilal Toure comes in, I think it means we have already agreed a big money outgoing deal, so that's Onana or Pickford off. If we need to let Pickford go to finance the move, I'd rather we looked at cheaper options and kept Pickford.
It'll be down to payment structures and down-payment.

Is Gnonto better than Gray?

Other than at Goodison when we beat them/Coleman got the better of him - I've not seen Gnonto play.

He’s a 19 year old, full Italy international with an incredibly high ceiling.

MNF done a segment on him last January and Neville lavished praise on him and his potential.

I actually don’t mind Gray and at the moment he probably is slightly ahead of Gnonto - but the potential of the latter far exceeds him.

He’s a 19 year old, full Italy international with an incredibly high ceiling.

MNF done a segment on him last January and Neville lavished praise on him and his potential.

I actually don’t mind Gray and at the moment he probably is slightly ahead of Gnonto - but the potential of the latter far exceeds him.

That's my slight worry.

We need an improvement now - the last two years should shatter any illusion around that.

Must say again I haven't seen Gnonto play other than against us at Goodison.

I like Gray but I don't think he will be a massive loss. Chipped in with some great & important goals but very inconsistent. Purchased for £1.5m and potentially sold for £14m we cant turn that down. Obviously needs to be replaced though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back