Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be down to payment structures and down-payment.
Yes, I get that, but, that's how we got Onana I believe and as we are already running our business at a massive loss, surely we cant afford to have two huge purchases on the drip. Maybe Onana is off, who knows? It's all very well having structured deals, but, they have to be paid for and if you take them on each season the cumulative debt and repayments would, at a club as badly managed as Everton, soon become unsustainable.

Why do they not just pay the Kane fee if they have like 100m available. I don't get it
Levy won't let Kane go to another prem side, there will be a different price for prem and non-prem. While many see him as a famed, shrewd negotiator, he's basically just a kid who refuses to give up his toys and would rather no one plays with them than his brothers

If El Bilal Toure comes in, I think it means we have already agreed a big money outgoing deal, so that's Onana or Pickford off. If we need to let Pickford go to finance the move, I'd rather we looked at cheaper options and kept Pickford.

Absolutely no substance to this claim. It doesn't mean anything. the deal will be structured over 4 -5 years.

Gray scored more last season though didn't he?

We don't half need some goals/assists in that final third - Gray isn't the best but we can't afford to go backwards anywhere in that final third.

Because he took pens yeah. They scored the same amount from open play.

Yes pens count as goals on the scoreboard but they don’t count when discussing the attacking threat of a forward.

Absolutely no substance to this claim. It doesn't mean anything. the deal will be structured over 4 -5 years.
As was Onana's, how many of these 'structured deals do you think we can have simultaneously in our financial position? Structured deals still have to be paid for and if you keep adding more deals, the repayments will eventually become unsustainable I believe.

Because he took pens yeah. They scored the same amount from open play.

Yes pens count as goals on the scoreboard but they don’t count when discussing the attacking threat of a forward.
I remember the brighton game at goodison in jan. 4-0 down and he was straight on the pen (didn't win it mind)
Simms had not long been recalled and I was raging he wasn't given the chance to take it. It would have been a golden chance for his first goal in a game that was already gone so wouldn't matter too much if he missed.

That's my slight worry.

We need an improvement now - the last two years should shatter any illusion around that.

Must say again I haven't seen Gnonto play other than against us at Goodison.

True but that’s where I hope the signing of Danjuma comes up trumps. Allow him and McNeil to start and ease Gnonto in rather than apply too much pressure on him.

He scored the same amount of non-penalty goals as Gray last season too tbf.

Yes, I get that, but, that's how we got Onana I believe and as we are already running our business at a massive loss, surely we cant afford to have two huge purchases on the drip. Maybe Onana is off, who knows? It's all very well having structured deals, but, they have to be paid for and if you take them on each season the cumulative debt and repayments would, at a club as badly managed as Everton, soon become unsustainable.
According to the last accounts we are owed almost 80m over the next 4 years for players sold. It’s not just us that does instalments. So there’s instalments coming in to help balance those out.

Absolutely mate, but if you're going to do those deals, that's why it has to be for young talent. It's very hard to actually lose money on those deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back