Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray impressed me most under Benitez. He was given a clear remit to get to the byline and whip the ball in… the amount of balls across the 6 yard box that went begging because we didn’t have a fit striker was criminal. Frank tried to get him to be more of an inverted winger cutting inside and endangering those behind the goal with his wild shooting. If we get a proper number 9 and give Gray clear instructions he is an undoubted asset.
Saying that he’s also one that could be sacrificed for the good of the team.

From what we are hearing it sounds like the club are going all out for El Bilal Toure. Already feels like it'll be a punch in the stomach if it doesn't materialise.
Got a whiff of Giroud about it where we put all our eggs in one basket. Really hope we pull it off, ideally in the next day or two.

Is Gnonto better than Gray?

Other than at Goodison when we beat them/Coleman got the better of him - I've not seen Gnonto play.
Think danjuma will be then with gnonto maybe not this season but will have a part to play here, think gray has been a good signing for us but was missing to many games. Also dont think dyche was a big fan so if gnonto did come in would hope he would be used better and be more use to is than gray

If El Bilal Toure comes in, I think it means we have already agreed a big money outgoing deal, so that's Onana or Pickford off. If we need to let Pickford go to finance the move, I'd rather we looked at cheaper options and kept Pickford.
Pickford will stay but onana maybe can go would not say he will be here 100% still think chelsea could go for him. Is alot of people like the esk who say what we have to spemd ect. Only the club really have the full story on what we can spend. Will still be more players to leave that will add up get gomes holgate maupay gbamin could even see warrington go
Two Questions...

Has anybody watched him or are we just assuming he is better than Maupay?

Is EFC Daily reliable?
They just post stories efc daily not a source they just show the links, looks more suited to the style we want will have to adapt but has the baisics power pace strength that maupay does not have

I’m hoping the Gallagher links are false. Our DoF had until January and this is the best we’ve come up with lol. Overpriced and garbage… he’s perfect exactly what we need.
How is he garbage? He, Garner and Onana could be class together in CM for years to come imo

However, I think he’s probably more worth the 28m or so we paid for Onana than the 40m he’s quoted at because of the English player tax!

Is a risk going from gray to gnonto but is why we have to use the squad depth mcneill, iwobi, danjuma and young can all play out wide so we really need all them to step up to replace the gray goals. Also get a run from dcl of hopefully get more games and goals then if this toure comes in. He can also take the pressure off and get some,

I have no personal relationship with Al but I sympathise with his position. Its unfortunate but the haters will hate on him because they desire the adulation he receives from other blues.

Its just the nature of the beast and applies to many others - haters hate on Jizzy Jazz for his decent position on the FAB, they hate on Zatara for being able to draw up fantasy lists of yoof signings from his ¥500,000,000 Condo, they hate on FB92 because of his extensive football knowledge / his move into the mainstream and so on.

Fans dont have to retweet what Big Al says end of the day. He's doing no harm reporting what he gets told from his sources.
Who is this FB92 you always talk of so fondly !!

How is he garbage? He, Garner and Onana could be class together in CM for years to come imo

However, I think he’s probably more worth the 28m or so we paid for Onana than the 40m he’s quoted at because of the English player tax!

…I have to say, I was relieved when previous links with Gallagher were never realised. He’s never impressed me despite the hype.

Famous last words this.. but I don't necessarily think we'd miss Gray anyway. McNeil's form during the latter end of last season plus Danjuma through the door should mean that we're more than covered for his goals & assists there. Gnonto on top of that only adds to it.

I have no personal relationship with Al but I sympathise with his position. Its unfortunate but the haters will hate on him because they desire the adulation he receives from other blues.

Its just the nature of the beast and applies to many others - haters hate on Jizzy Jazz for his decent position on the FAB, they hate on Zatara for being able to draw up fantasy lists of yoof signings from his ¥500,000,000 Condo, they hate on FB92 because of his extensive football knowledge / his move into the mainstream and so on.

Fans dont have to retweet what Big Al says end of the day. He's doing no harm reporting what he gets told from his sources.

….who is Al?

…I have to say, I was relieved when previous links with Gallagher were never realised. He’s never impressed me despite the hype.
I think his form was erratic at Palace (like most kids his age) but he absolutely destroyed us that game where he scored on 90 odd minutes and I saw him on tv a couple of other games where he impressed me a lot.

I’d take him for £30m or less and think we’ve got a good deal but right now we need forwards first and foremost

Is a risk going from gray to gnonto but is why we have to use the squad depth mcneill, iwobi, danjuma and young can all play out wide so we really need all them to step up to replace the gray goals. Also get a run from dcl of hopefully get more games and goals then if this toure comes in. He can also take the pressure off and get some,
Practically this whole thread is based on the reasonable assumption that DCL will likely miss a fair few games next season but he remains our first choice CF. So is Toure just proposed back up? Our new first choice? Is it an admission that DCL is bound to be injured? Or is it just nonsense and we'll never see the guy? This is why Iheanacho made sense to me. Reasonable price, adaptable player who could come in for DCL or sometimes play in a 442. The Toure thing doesn't smell right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back