Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
As was Onana's, how many of these 'structured deals do you think we can have simultaneously in our financial position? Structured deals still have to be paid for and if you keep adding more deals, the repayments will eventually become unsustainable I believe.

According to the last accounts we are owed almost 80m over the next 4 years for players sold. It’s not just us that does instalments. So there’s instalments coming in to help balance those out.

One of our players e.g Gomes, Dele, Gbamin on £100k a week would equate to around any annual payment for El Bilal.

Gray scored more last season though didn't he?

We don't half need some goals/assists in that final third - Gray isn't the best but we can't afford to go backwards anywhere in that final third.
Gray got 2 prem goal from open play and one assist last season. But that’s fine because he only cost 1.7mil apparently. He served a purpose when we had no money and was cheap. But to now make a nice profit and help us sign young players with a lot of potential is surely the way to go.

It makes me laugh how fans criticise the club for buying players 27/28 with no sell on value. And now we get the chance to make a nice profit on a poor player and replace him with a 19yr old and loads of fans are saying no let’s keep gray instead. Because he gets one worldie every year

Gray got 2 prem goal from open play and one assist last season. But that’s fine because he only cost 1.7mil apparently. He served a purpose when we had no money and was cheap. But to now make a nice profit and help us sign young players with a lot of potential is surely the way to go.

It makes me laugh how fans criticise the club for buying players 27/28 with no sell on value. And now we get the chance to make a nice profit on a poor player and replace him with a 19yr old and loads of fans are saying no let’s keep gray instead. Because he gets one worldie every year
I don't think many fans are saying we should keep Gray. Most I've read want to recognise that he made a solid contribution for the price we paid and that selling him at a decent profit is good for club and player. You just know when that annual worldy is going to happen if he moves to Palace, mind

Are you making up arguments in your own head mate? I've not seen anyone say what you're saying makes you laugh there.

If El Bilal Toure comes in, I think it means we have already agreed a big money outgoing deal, so that's Onana or Pickford off. If we need to let Pickford go to finance the move, I'd rather we looked at cheaper options and kept Pickford.
It would have already happened if that was the case, no months of trying to sort out a payment structure if we had funds on there way.

Gnontos assists, goals and chances created last season

View attachment 219205

... and where that would rank for us;

View attachment 219206

Gnonto only played 28.
These stats are completely meaningless, it was a completely different team and set of players.
I like Gnonto and think he is better than of the some of the players he has but the assist thing is a myth, as it 100% depends on the striker you have.

Can't say I watched him at Palace, but for the price tag he has every time I saw him at Chelsea I didn't see much about him.
Didn’t look too bad for Chelsea at the end of the season, but it was mainly due to the fact he was putting a shift in and playing for his place, whereas the rest of the squad had already finished for the summer.

He’s a 19 year old, full Italy international with an incredibly high ceiling.

MNF done a segment on him last January and Neville lavished praise on him and his potential.

I actually don’t mind Gray and at the moment he probably is slightly ahead of Gnonto - but the potential of the latter far exceeds him.
it's only a standard ceiling, just obviously looks incredibly high to the lad..

These stats are completely meaningless, it was a completely different team and set of players.
I like Gnonto and think he is better than of the some of the players he has but the assist thing is a myth, as it 100% depends on the striker you have.
You're attacking some posters' religious beliefs there, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back