Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasting your time talking to Zat about transfers, he uses Zatamatics.

He has a magic money tree in which transfers are paid yearly, but never really paid so its like hes using free money.
He still implausibly believes we can sell Micheal Keane for a decent sum of money despite being a known calamity in the league and on hefty wages...

The reaction to Conor Gallagher on here shows how unrealistic some Everton supporters are, thinking he is not good enough.

We won't get him because we can't afford him and he may not want to come into a possible relegation battle.
But, he would instantly improve our team and creativity enormously, only turned 23 in January, in and out of a Chelsea team last season that was completely at sea.

We won't get him but I would be delighted if we did.
He just screams “expensive flop” to me. Had a purple patch for half a season at Palace but otherwise looks average and neither one thing or the other when it comes to the type of midfielder he is. No doubt he could do well, but not at us, I reckon.

I rated him going off some of his palace performances, but watching him last season I thought he was poor. Runs all day, but technically was terrible. And for 40/45mil. You can get much better imo
I think he will go for less than that. I think that too much was expected of him last season and at 22 he was too young and simply not able to correct the many problems at Chelsea.
Still only 23, he can improve a lot and would prosper at a club where he felt he was a main player rather than somebody trying to get past a host of expensive players at Chelsea.

Still not really worth talking about because he is out of our league in terms of ambition and price I think

Our new left back is Ashley Young so congratulations you are in the black!
ACDAE40D-5D99-413D-A5CE-D8467DF54535.webp

The reaction to Conor Gallagher on here shows how unrealistic some Everton supporters are, thinking he is not good enough.

We won't get him because we can't afford him and he may not want to come into a possible relegation battle.
But, he would instantly improve our team and creativity enormously, only turned 23 in January, in and out of a Chelsea team last season that was completely at sea.

We won't get him but I would be delighted if we did.
He is valued at about £40m by Chelsea and that's massively overpriced. Shouldn't be considered as an option when we need whatever budget we have to go on strikers.

I thought he was extremely poor last season so the valuation from Chelsea is way too much.

Even if we manage to top our mini league of struggling clubs then 13th place is the very best we can do. And that seems unlikely to me. 15th but with signs that we have something to build on for 24/5 would be a good season
Agreed , the discussion was about goals needed from the squad we have or may have to go with and some thinking that the 34 from last season will be hard to beat as it stands now, If we cant improve a lot on that we are back to where we have been for the last 2 seasons

Need another three signings at least. Bit of a feelgood factor here today and that's a good thing but we have a long way to go getting players in before we can feel a bit more optimistic. Be great to get another two in before kickoff and then see what we could do on deadline day

Need another three signings at least. Bit of a feelgood factor here today and that's a good thing but we have a long way to go getting players in before we can feel a bit more optimistic. Be great to get another two in before kickoff and then see what we could do on deadline day
It's a feelgood factor based on absolutely nothing but I'll take it

Think we need to be slightly cautious and not get too far ahead ourselves. We still haven't bought any players in a year.

All we know is that we are negotiating for a player, but that player may also be of interest to Atalanta. We might sign the player, but we might well not sign them either, it's too early to say. There's not been anything to suggest we are going to sign Gnonto yet either. Not that I am aware of anyway.

Some of the signs seem a bit more positive but we need to get deals over the line before the league starts. We have time to get the squad ready for the season, but not a huge amount of time. 19 days will go by pretty quickly.

Think we need to be slightly cautious and not get too far ahead ourselves. We still haven't bought any players in a year.

All we know is that we are negotiating for a player, but that player may also be of interest to Atalanta. We might sign the player, but we might well not sign them either, it's too early to say. There's not been anything to suggest we are going to sign Gnonto yet either. Not that I am aware of anyway.

Some of the signs seem a bit more positive but we need to get deals over the line before the league starts. We have time to get the squad ready for the season, but not a huge amount of time. 19 days will go by pretty quickly.

we say this ( as we know ) every year

and same thing happens - or “doesn’t”

ran like cowboys it’s weighing us down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back