Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t see the point of spending money on Gnoto (if Gray stays, which is is as of right now) when a right winger is in much more need
A very fair point. Obviously I think Danjuma adds to moving on from Gray. He can drift across the front 3 but at the end of the day I think is on the left.

I will say I think the Right Wing depth prospect pool is a bit shallow. Im sure theres more names than I know but here our some across the price levels I think deserving of research. Fees via transfermarkt.

Marcus Edwards, Sporting CP, 30 million
Jeremy Doku, Rennes, 28 million
Patrick Wimmer, Wolfsburg, 18 million
Bradley Barcola, Olympique Lyon, 20, 18 million
Liel Abada Celtic, 21, 7 million
Zakaria Aboukhlal, Toulouse 23, 7 million
Luca Langoni, Boca Junior, 6 million

Can't say I watched him at Palace, but for the price tag he has every time I saw him at Chelsea I didn't see much about him.
He wasn’t erratic at Palace. He started sensationally by our standards. Was terrific from September to January and then just gently fell away a bit. Great engine, grafter, ball winner, so/so distribution and an eye for goal.
We would like him back because he’s our level, no higher.

Yes, very happy with Villa, we finally appear to be doing things the right way. When it works it appears so simple. Owners provide cash and put a strong management team in place and get a good quality coach for the 1st team. So many clubs overcomplicate it with owners sticking their noses in when all they should be doing is providing funding and help with connections to the right commercial partners. I think Newcastle & Villa are showing that providing the funding is available, and many clubs have the funding, that a good coach and good management can be transformational. Unfortunately, I think Everton need to get Moshiri gone and get good owners in to put that sort of process in place. Everton should be a very easy club to sell to the right investor, Big club, big fanbase, historic club and a new stadium and probably undervalued due to underperformance so it is ripe for a sale.

As most on here say, Everton just need a half decent striker that will be able to play 35 games in the season and you will be fine. Danjuma will be a good addition as he adds some much needed pace. I have no idea what Toure is like but he sounds like he would be good. To me, Everton obviously needs a striker and an attacking mid that can unlock a defence with that killer pass. I really like Gnonto but I don't think he is the player u need. A Tim Cahill type player and I think you guys would be comfortably midtable
Agree with all that.

Villa are one of the old school clubs I have always had time for. Villa Park being a classic venue for FA Cup Semi Finals back in the day.

I remember watching a horrific 0-0 between Everton and Villa at Villa Park - it must have been around 2001 as I think it was just before Moyes so Walter would have been in charge with the classic 6 centre backs starting including Unsy left wing and probably Steve Watson upfront! I remember having some good banter with Villa fans after the game and we commiserated in how gash Everton had become.

Objectively speaking, it would be good to see a club like Everton, Villa etc win a trophy as it just gets so boring with the usual suspects winning everything year after year. I suppose the counter argument is that Man City struggled to win a game let alone a trophy before they got the stadium and investment so they are due some good times but I hope it's cyclical and we have something to cheer about soon!

It was good to see West Ham win a trophy and I was really happy for Moyes. He has mixed reviews on here but for me he did a sensational job at Everton for 10 years and I will always be thankful of that. In reality, not many people would turn down the opportunity to manage Man Utd.

Newcastle fans seem to have a massive issue with Everton - I don't know why?!

Aside from Birmingham do Villa have history with any fan bases?

Agree with all that.

Villa are one of the old school clubs I have always had time for. Villa Park being a classic venue for FA Cup Semi Finals back in the day.

I remember watching a horrific 0-0 between Everton and Villa at Villa Park - it must have been around 2000 as I think it was just before Moyes so Walter would have been in charge with the classic 6 centre backs starting including Unsy left wing and probably Steve Watson upfront! I remember having some good banter with Villa fans after the game and we commiserated in how gash Everton had become.

Objectively speaking, it would be good to see a club like Everton, Villa etc win a trophy as it just gets so boring with the usual suspects winning everything year after year. I suppose the counter argument is that Man City struggled to win a game let alone a trophy before they got the stadium and investment so they are due some good times but I hope it's cyclical and we have something to cheer about soon!

It was good to see West Ham win a trophy and I was really happy for Moyes. He has mixed reviews on here but for me he did a sensational job at Everton for 10 years and I will always be thankful of that. In reality, not many people would turn down the opportunity to manage Man Utd.

Newcastle fans seem to have a massive issue with Everton - I don't know why?!

Aside from Birmingham do Villa have history with any fan bases?
Adorable. I love a meet cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back