Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, just maybe we should sign multiple strikers from lesser known leagues for cheaper and spread the risk around multiple cheaper talents. Ya know, try and find the next Toure before they 5x in value. If we need to then sure, sign one unknown and someone like Ihenacho as an insurance policy. Still gonna be cheaper.

Mate. We will not have a striker in for the first couple of games. How many days away are we now? We don't get deals done that quickly.

We'll get one of the awful strikers I mentioned above in, but it will take us weeks. We will sign big Che in deadline day, thus making all the fans jump with joy that we managed to get a striker in, making us all think that it's better than no one, just like with Maupay. We do it time and time again. It's one of the ways the club has successfully managed expectations over the years.

Why do we always try to be active on deadline day, instead of tying our targets up early like other clubs? For the following reasons:
- We are nearly always skint
- Saves money on wages
- Kenwright loves the ego thing of making a theatrical deadline day and making it about him.
- It manages our expectations and makes us happier about signing 💩💩💩
Danjuma up front against Fulham

He kept saying he about the club being confident. Whenever that message comes out, I start to think it's 🐮💩. Have you ever noticed that we always seem to get the 'confident' lines out of the club for transfers that never materialise, but the ones where they say nothing through channels get done. Strange that.

Luis Diaz and Kudus are two recent examples. There have been others.
Matheus Nunes

Is it his mate Kenwright texting him lines?
Not saying it's from Kenwright directly, as I got the impression from something I read years ago that they fell out, but it will be deliberate from the club. They feed this to the right people.

Don't forget, everyone considers Kenwright's mates Joyce and King reliable, yet they have still tweeted out the 'confident' stories for deal like the Diaz one.

Maybe, just maybe we should sign multiple strikers from lesser known leagues for cheaper and spread the risk around multiple cheaper talents. Ya know, try and find the next Toure before they 5x in value. If we need to then sure, sign one unknown and someone like Ihenacho as an insurance policy. Still gonna be cheaper.
This. It's like they think we will be satisfied by a hot prospect from a big league like Moise Kean who will cost thirty million because it has a bit of hipster glamour to it, but if we could do a Brighton get a few unheralded gems for 6m or 8m to develop and a more experienced option that would be smart business. Instead I fear they will do a Maupay now and go back to the obvious a Adams or Iheanacho

Mate. We will not have a striker in for the first couple of games. How many days away are we now? We don't get deals done that quickly.

We'll get one of the awful strikers I mentioned above in, but it will take us weeks. We will sign big Che in deadline day, thus making all the fans jump with joy that we managed to get a striker in, making us all think that it's better than no one, just like with Maupay. We do it time and time again. It's one of the ways the club has successfully managed expectations over the years.

Why do we always try to be active on deadline day, instead of tying our targets up early like other clubs? For the following reasons:
- We are nearly always skint
- Saves money on wages
- Kenwright loves the ego thing of making a theatrical deadline day and making it about him.
- It manages our expectations and makes us happier about signing 💩💩💩
Yeah just dont share the same view like the toure deal how many other players is the club talking to or clubs. I cant say that i am right i would just be shocked if we dont get players in. I get the frustration with another deal that we have missed out on just have to wait and hopefully will get good news

This. It's like they think we will be satisfied by a hot prospect from a big league like Moise Kean who will cost thirty million because it has a bit of hipster glamour to it, but if we could do a Brighton get a few unheralded gems for 6m or 8m to develop and a more experienced option that would be smart business. Instead I fear they will do a Maupay now and go back to the obvious a Adams or Iheanacho
If 1 out of 4 hits, we still come out ahead. We’re so stuck in our ways but they don’t seem to care to change. This comes to mind…Unfortunately we have BK in charge instead of someone with logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back