Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well it’s a bummer to have missed out on a target but it happens, sounds like we made a good offer but you have to draw the line. If we had the budget to submit a good bid for him we can bid for other good players.
But Everton have done this several times before. We've 'bid' for players that we've never got close to signing and then whatever we do bring in ends up being considerably less in cumulative value. 🤔

I reckon we'll sign Adams from Southampton for about £12m. With most of it having to go on an up front payment and the other £18 or so million we would have spent on Toure simply disappears.

It obviously will be. I'll eat my hat (that I don't own) if we sign even a semi-competent striker now. We've fart-arsed around again and will now panic purchase.

We'll go for one of the old guard. An Adams, Weghorst, Mateta or maybe a now finished Zapata. There will be nothing akin to scouting and genuine back-up plans. Again, I would be so happy to be proven wrong, but we do this time and time again.

We also have to face facts that it si very likely now that we start the first few games with Maupay up top. Dom won't be fit, Cannon likely off and even if we do get a striker, it usually takes us a good few weeks to get a deal together at the best of times, even longer now we have to seriously reduce the amount of our down-payments.
Be shocked if this was the case is fair to think that with the past this club has done. But is no chance the club will not go into the season with a striker. Any dof would have a long list of similar targets like boniface toure ect will be another name being looked at

Starting to think this was the whole plan, I mean how long have we been linked now and yet we wait and wait for some proper competition before we finally get the monopoly board out and put the cash on the table...

Whats made it worse was Al's teasing. He acted like the signing was all but there prior to the reveal it's a dangerous game that. Need to move on quickly now we need two more forward options in my view a centre back and left back maybe
He kept saying he about the club being confident. Whenever that message comes out, I start to think it's 🐮💩. Have you ever noticed that we always seem to get the 'confident' lines out of the club for transfers that never materialise, but the ones where they say nothing through channels get done. Strange that.

Luis Diaz and Kudus are two recent examples. There have been others.

More twists and turns that a snake this Toure pursuit. I don't think we should chase a player that doesn't want to sign for us (ironic, considering AD10).

Who's doing the biz is it Thelwell or the master negotiator Kenwright?

What I want to see is that we have other options, but Everton have never been good at multi-tasking.

But Everton have done this several times before. We've 'bid' for players that we've never got close to signing and then whatever we do bring in ends up being considerably less in cumulative value. 🤔

I reckon we'll sign Adams from Southampton for about £12m. With most of it having to go on an up front payment and the other £18 or so million we would have spent on Toure simply disappears.
It does make you wonder. If they wanted to follow a Brighton type model they could get your Toure/Onana types before they cost thirty million. But they don't

He kept saying he about the club being confident. Whenever that message comes out, I start to think it's 🐮💩. Have you ever noticed that we always seem to get the 'confident' lines out of the club for transfers that never materialise, but the ones where they say nothing through channels get done. Strange that.

Luis Diaz and Kudus are two recent examples. There have been others.
Is it his mate Kenwright texting him lines?

Be shocked if this was the case is fair to think that with the past this club has done. But is no chance the club will not go into the season with a striker. Any dof would have a long list of similar targets like boniface toure ect will be another name being looked at
Mate. We will not have a striker in for the first couple of games. How many days away are we now? We don't get deals done that quickly.

We'll get one of the awful strikers I mentioned above in, but it will take us weeks. We will sign big Che in deadline day, thus making all the fans jump with joy that we managed to get a striker in, making us all think that it's better than no one, just like with Maupay. We do it time and time again. It's one of the ways the club has successfully managed expectations over the years.

Why do we always try to be active on deadline day, instead of tying our targets up early like other clubs? For the following reasons:
- We are nearly always skint
- Saves money on wages
- Kenwright loves the ego thing of making a theatrical deadline day and making it about him.
- It manages our expectations and makes us happier about signing 💩💩💩

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back