Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will probably turn out to be a good player but he simply isn't what we needed right now for that price. That money going towards Iheanacho, Gnonto and another will serve us far better this season, at least in my opinion. Even if it's not those specific players I think in our situation £35m is much better spent on someone more established to lead the line, another winger and depth in midfield or centre half.

I believe in the profile that the club has identified, it's upto them now to deliver one, if not two signings in the next week, especially if Gray goes, which he should for that fee. Call me mad but I've got faith in Dyche and Thelwell to do right by us, just so long as Moshiri and Kenwright keep their noses out of it.

Is what it is we aren't attractive right now. They have Europe. We need to sort someone who can play as a number nine as Dom hasn't been regularly available for two seasons
Well we have to tread carefully though. We absolutely cannot sign expensive dross like Adams etc. just to get someone in. We've done that before and we did it with Maupay just last year. It has to be a player our scouting system has genuinely identified from abroad, or a player who at least may contribute a bit more than just running around, such as Iheanacho.

If we sign and Adams or a Weghorst just to get a body in we're screwed.

Thats 2 players Utd have shafted us for by their usual tactic of spending mass amounts on over rated attacking players to stockpile.

Kudus & Toure both would be in the Royal Blue jersey if there were proper rules in place other than the current FFP of let the scab 6 spend whatever they want every summer.

£40m Martial
£60m Fernandes
£75m Sancho
£90m Antony
£60m+ for this Atlanta kid ?

Farcical.
Well if we had put a decent bid weeks ago then this wouldn't have happened....but no we wait and wait and wait and wait...there is a lack of competent people in the club at all levels as clearly we are getting worst at negotiating anything.

Will probably turn out to be a good player but he simply isn't what we needed right now for that price. That money going towards Iheanacho, Gnonto and another will serve us far better this season, at least in my opinion. Even if it's not those specific players I think in our situation £35m is much better spent on someone more established to lead the line, another winger and depth in midfield or centre half.

I believe in the profile that the club has identified, it's upto them now to deliver one, if not two signings in the next week, especially if Gray goes, which he should for that fee. Call me mad but I've got faith in Dyche and Thelwell to do right by us, just so long as Moshiri and Kenwright keep their noses out of it.
Problem is, Kenwright is the one negotiating all our transfers. That's like fighting with one hand tied behind your back straight away.

Starting to get a bit concerned that we’re only being linked with attacking options.

Mina and Coady both gone, Holgate clearly isn’t wanted given his appearances for the U21s. Leaves us Keane, Tarkowski, Branthwaite who hasn’t been tested properly at this level, and Godfrey who hasn’t shown he’s good enough to play cb in the league.

We’re an injury away from serious issues in that part of the pitch.
In fairness Branthwaite will be able to fill in for both Coady and Mina's game time if we're being honest. Rightly or wrongly I think the club will want Holgate at least out before we go after another. If he can't be sold he'll be used in the squad, I don't think they want to be in a position where you've got 6 centre backs in the squad, regardless of clear lack of quality in some of them.

Even if we're being honest now if they were all good enough we wouldn't need more than 4 + youth players but that's not the case given Tarkowski is the only proven quality CB we have.

Danjuma - deal
Bilal Toure - no deal
Gnonto - no deal

Let’s be honest, 1 out of 3 is actuality above expectations.
Question now is whether there are any bargain basement loan deals to be had.

Again, I don't hang on every word. I have said before, I think most transfer stories are nonesense, but we discuss them on here because that's what it's for.

I find Bobble's stuff better than most. It is also the most negative usually. Everton are a sham of a club and a front-runner for the worst run club in world football, so it is unsurprising really that the negativity turns out to be true. Everyone was in here talking about how we've bid for Gnonto and he was close to joining. Bobble totally dismissed that as nothing and has only recently sounded like there is any genuine interest on our part. Sure enough, Phil Hay, a reliable Leeds journalist and a few others have since said it's nonsense.

I get you don't like the fella, I have also said repeatedly that he will not be right all the time either, but his hit rate is pretty good and unless we have a transfer thread where we are banned from discussing rumours without then discussing the personalities and loyalties of every journalist and explaining why we believe them (which I know we all do a little bit anyway), then there is no point having one.

I'll say it again, Everton are a shambles, it's more that I'm inclined to believe bad news than good, because for virtually my entire time supporting the club, and certainly through Kenwright's tenure, it has inevitably been bad news. So if you want to moan at me for believing the negative, then please do. But, seeing as he seems to be registered on here, please have a moan directly at Bobble for his inaccuracies and personality deficiencies as you see them.
Show me one post where the Bobble or his friend have broke a story first before anyone and its right.
Bobble can & does get early team news but he's not the only one.
Other than that his ( & his mates ) info is worth zilch.

Ask yourself Why they do it , is it for yours or me benefit?
Or is it some ego trip to make themselves look & feel relevant?

The only one on here ( even tho his cryptic clues are daft ) the Nut is the only factual stuff we have.

They are a right pair of dangers.

Any way El Blilon or El Biloff ?

That’s a vast oversimplification, like.
He only started 48 of those games. And most of the games he started he was subbed in.

And he hasn’t always played centre forward.

And he’s very young.

But feel free to bury the lad

Why would you pay £30 million for that then???

Terrified of plan B here. Its going to be Che Adams isnt it
It obviously will be. I'll eat my hat (that I don't own) if we sign even a semi-competent striker now. We've fart-arsed around again and will now panic purchase.

We'll go for one of the old guard. An Adams, Weghorst, Mateta or maybe a now finished Zapata. There will be nothing akin to scouting and genuine back-up plans. Again, I would be so happy to be proven wrong, but we do this time and time again.

We also have to face facts that it si very likely now that we start the first few games with Maupay up top. Dom won't be fit, Cannon likely off and even if we do get a striker, it usually takes us a good few weeks to get a deal together at the best of times, even longer now we have to seriously reduce the amount of our down-payments.

I'd rather have Iheanacho than Adams. Even though Adams is more of a nine, Iheanacho strikes me as more of a goal scorer. Back to looking for a striker again, you wonder who else is on the list I fear as others have said that it will be the list that brought us Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back