Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
started just over half of those appearances though, and lots of good clubs mentioned as being on his trail. You can’t just base things on “appearances plus goals”

Much wider context to consider
His goals are crap too. Sandro MK2. Praise be to Atalanta

Thats 2 players Utd have shafted us for by their usual tactic of spending mass amounts on over rated attacking players to stockpile.

Kudus & Toure both would be in the Royal Blue jersey if there were proper rules in place other than the current FFP of let the scab 6 spend whatever they want every summer.

£40m Martial
£60m Fernandes
£75m Sancho
£90m Antony
£60m+ for this Atlanta kid ?

Farcical.

No. Said he's the one we've been pushing for the most and is the closest we are to signing a player. Until this week just gone, we haven't bid for any players. We supposedly bid for Toure. Offer with Almeria and the player.

According to Romano, Atalanta back in with a better offer and we haven't sent another, so that means we either can't afford to match it, or know the player doesn’t want to come.
Or that we can put funds better to use elsewhere (here’s where we come back and offer stupid money and wages)

Thats 2 players Utd have shafted us for by their usual tactic of spending mass amounts on over rated attacking players to stockpile.

Kudus & Toure both would be in the Royal Blue jersey if there were proper rules in place other than the current FFP of let the scab 6 spend whatever they want every summer.

£40m Martial
£60m Fernandes
£75m Sancho
£90m Antony
£60m+ for this Atlanta kid ?

Farcical.
Stop being such a victim. There are two reasons for our predicament and they come from within. Years of foolish and misguided spending along with incompetent fools as administrators.

Dare I say it, typical Everton. Why didn’t we offer this amount weeks and weeks ago. If he does chose Atalanta then so be it. We have to go for Inanacho and maybe someone else aswell. Wonder if we go back in for Beto from Udinese.

Dare I say it, typical Everton. Why didn’t we offer this amount weeks and weeks ago. If he does chose Atalanta then so be it. We have to go for Inanacho and maybe someone else aswell. Wonder if we go back in for Beto from Udinese.
We did if you believe their owner

Stop being such a victim. There are two reasons for our predicament and they come from within. Years of foolish and misguided spending along with incompetent fools as administrators.

You sound like a victim of Stockholm syndrome mate !

Utd have wasted more money than we have but dont have to sell anyone as the rules allow them to drop another £200m/300m on players if they wish based on the number of glory hunters from Asia that buy their half and halves.

We had to sell Richy before we could spend yet you dont see Utd having to sell Sancho first do you ? And they've just been done with an FFP charge whereas we haven't.

Whole things a con bud.

You have been on this forum long enough to know when any REAL information breaks the running joke is
" Bobble will be along in a few minutes to say the same "
You seem to hang on every word him and his attention seeker mate say.

I'd sooner not.
Again, I don't hang on every word. I have said before, I think most transfer stories are nonesense, but we discuss them on here because that's what it's for.

I find Bobble's stuff better than most. It is also the most negative usually. Everton are a sham of a club and a front-runner for the worst run club in world football, so it is unsurprising really that the negativity turns out to be true. Everyone was in here talking about how we've bid for Gnonto and he was close to joining. Bobble totally dismissed that as nothing and has only recently sounded like there is any genuine interest on our part. Sure enough, Phil Hay, a reliable Leeds journalist and a few others have since said it's nonsense.

I get you don't like the fella, I have also said repeatedly that he will not be right all the time either, but his hit rate is pretty good and unless we have a transfer thread where we are banned from discussing rumours without then discussing the personalities and loyalties of every journalist and explaining why we believe them (which I know we all do a little bit anyway), then there is no point having one.

I'll say it again, Everton are a shambles, it's more that I'm inclined to believe bad news than good, because for virtually my entire time supporting the club, and certainly through Kenwright's tenure, it has inevitably been bad news. So if you want to moan at me for believing the negative, then please do. But, seeing as he seems to be registered on here, please have a moan directly at Bobble for his inaccuracies and personality deficiencies as you see them.

Last edited:
Yes but anyone else pushes the deal through and gets it done. We seem to dally and then someone else comes in.
We’ve done the right things though, put the bid in, offered terms etc, so have Atalanta and probably 1-2 other clubs that dropped out the running early. Ultimately it’s where the player wants to go in the end that matters and the pull of playing in Europe may have swung in the end but at the moment until he’s shown holding their shirt, nothing is over yet

Everybody knows
A little player like Gnonto
Now if, Thelwell wants to go
And sign em all

Danjuma
Ihea
uh huh Nacho
Young ah
and Toure
Sign em, pretty baby

Oh well if we are honest we don't have the budget to spend that much on one player also it's a punt. You would rather take a punt at a lower fee. Hopefully we have alternatives

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back