Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Che Adams, Nacho ears, Wout Weghorst are all upgrades for our diabolical squad. All 3 of them are far cheaper and better suited to our squad than El Billal Toure who is pure potential and although young still isn’t even a current Mali international footballer that would of commanded a ridiculous fee. You’d get 2 of the others plus change for one El Billal. At this point we need numbers, even with a couple of new signings we are a couple of injuries away from having no options to lead the line effectively.
Most people won’t like it, those players mentioned are not good enough but that’s exactly where this club is. The fact the club has had since before they sold Richarlison to get irons in the fire to help get strikers through the door with no result is an absolute disgrace but with the cretins involved in the process it’s not surprising.
What.A.Club.

What makes you the arbiter of what people may and may not post on here? All journalists chat utter 💩💩. Even the 'reliable' ones feed us club lines, like 'confident of doing the deal' etc. Sometimes even a bad one may get one right.

It was meant to be a positive, as in a faint glimmer of hope. So we could do something other than moan about Everton's failings and act like supercilious 🔔🔚s to other posters.

You lasted all of one sleep before pushing that attitude on here again. Just mute me mate seeing as you have such an issue.

Everyone should have an issue with you pushing info from someone less reliable than Hamish Razul.

100%

Should've been "new striker" and Simms IMO. But it's as though now we need to replace Simms.
I think we made the right decision with Simms. I didn't see enough progression, and we can't let players with value leave for free. It was the right time to sell.

But the main point is that we need two new strikers, one of which needs to be our new starting centre forward. I'm a bit fed up reading about back ups - we do not need a back up forward.

I said yesteday, if I was Kenright/Thelwell, i'd be on the phone to Chelsea asking for Lukaku on loan. He's upset almost every club that he's played for, no one wants him, Cheslea don't want him and he doesn't want the Saudi payoff. His ego would take a massive battering coming back but I think for all parties it could be a great move.
He'd get game time and be the big fish in a familiar pond where he played his best football. If he plays well those big clubs may come calling again.
Chelsea get him off their wage bill - even if only partly.
We get a better striker than we could ever afford right now.

Everyone should have an issue with you pushing info from someone less reliable than Hamish Razul.
Pushing info? What the hell is wrong with you? Do you think I'm on commission?

Think you're just annoyed at the world after the latest transfer fiasco. Go and play on FIFA or make a Tik Tok or whatever it is you kids do today.

See, I can be a supercilious bellend to another poster too. Not much fun though, don't really see the appeal myself.

We need two forwards

The best way is to go for someone like Iheanacho who has decent record at PL level, and then a younger player with potential.
You're right ideally, but I cannot stomach another near £100k weekly salaried player who cannot contribute what he needs to for that money, either because of ability or fitness issues.

£800k in wages per prem goal is not a good deal, so if this transfer were to happen, let's hope we don't match his Leicester wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back