Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's a joke figure and his record is good bar prem. But that's the problem, he's a 30-year old failed prem striker...

Another Tosun imo.
That's probably right and like I said I don't want us to sign him but people keep saying things as if he'd be the very worst case scenario when he wouldn't be anywhere near it.

Problems are, he (or equivalent) may be the best we can get, and the board have very few -if any- other ideas.....
I’m sure there’s some young gems out there but Kevin only likes to sign rejects. Onana was all lampard. Maupay was all Kevin

Also signing 27 year olds we really make no money afterwards. Financially we should be thinking smarter.

That's probably right and like I said I don't want us to sign him but people keep saying things as if he'd be the very worst case scenario when he wouldn't be anywhere near it.
I'm struggling to think of worse, tbh. I really am.

He's 6'6" isn't he? How on earth he hasn't buried a load of headers at Utd, with the crossing talents of Fernandes and Eriksen. Same with Burnley right? They certainly were a direct team at that time.

Ideally I’d be moving Gray, Maupay and Dele out and bringing in two attacking players (Keep Cannon in the squad)

Also move on Godfrey and Holgate and replace with a competent CB

We aren’t getting much for Gomes, so may as keep him in Toms place.

That gives us a decent sized and better balanced squad that has a chance of staying up.

I'm struggling to think of worse, tbh. I really am.

He's 6'6" isn't he? How on earth he hasn't buried a load of headers at Utd, with the crossing talents of Fernandes and Eriksen. Same with Burnley right? They certainly were a direct team at that time.
He’s genuinely one of the worst aerial players I’ve ever seen, despite his height, he goes for a lot with his feet which just end up as a foul or a really awkward control

Ideally I’d be moving Gray, Maupay and Dele out and bringing in two attacking players (Keep Cannon in the squad)

Also move on Godfrey and Holgate and replace with a competent CB

We aren’t getting much for Gomes, so may as keep him in Toms place.

That gives us a decent sized and better balanced squad that has a chance of staying up.

That's the dream isn't it.

I’m sure there’s some young gems out there but Kevin only likes to sign rejects. Onana was all lampard. Maupay was all Kevin

Also signing 27 year olds we really make no money afterwards. Financially we should be thinking smarter.

Considering our limited resources Onana was a shocking use of funds. He had a very limited impact last year and that money could have went towards a decent striker. We should sell Onana if the option is there.

EBT is only 21 still has a high ceiling and can potentially be worth a lot more afterwards. Nacho is old and we will lose money afterwards
"is dcl much better though?

He can't stay fit, and when he has been fit in the last two seasons he hasn't scored.

36 games and 7 goals in that time"

That was the post I replied to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back