Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

A world class manager with some better players and money to spend could only get this squad to 12th & 10th.

There was only a win or 2 between 17th and 13th last season so if your only gripe is the Fulham game then he's not far off mid table. Unless you are saying he should be outperforming Carlo with this squad.

Absolute nonsense.

Look at the games we drew too. Like forest away, spurs at home, Palace away and wolves away. Games that were there for the taking but his poor management cost us the win in all of them.

If we'd of beaten Fulham we'd of moved up from 17th to 16th.

Oh, so were taking what is regarded as one of the all time "great escapes" from relegation in the Premier league and using that as the barometer for relegation threatened teams?

This is getting embarrassing...

For starters I think you mean the 14/15 season. Leicester were in the championship in the 13/14 season.

But seeing as you bring up Leicester 14/15s relegation survival. What did Leicester end up doing to their manager that summer?

They sacked him didnt they? Yes, they did and what happened next? They brought in a better manager and won the league.

Proof that if you get rid of a sub par manager and bring in a better manager that can improve the players you have you can improve, no?

You're not using facts, what you're doing is clinging on to a technically to reinforces your biases point of view.

I did indeed mean the 14/15 season, well done for figuring that out. 👏

I’ve made my position quite clear in my previous two posts.

We’re clearly not going to agree on who gets Burnley’s relegation on their CV, the manager who worked for them when they were relegated (and had time to fix it), or the one who was sat on a beach at the time.

And yet you can't name this "better manager" that is waiting patiently to join us.

Bruno genesio from rennes
Christian streich from freiburg
Vincenzo italiano (not a made up name) at fiorentina.

Are all achievable managers and all have history of improving teams.

I'd also of been talking to Potter before the season was over to see if he would want to take over in the summer if we stayed up.

Please stick with the party line on here and don’t spout this sort of stuff.

Never mind that we got a player good enough to lead the line for a CL semi finalists team for an absolute pittance, let’s just pretend he doesn’t even exist and complain how we’ve not (and will not ever) bring another striker into the club.

DCL is definitely missing the entire season, McNeill Doucoure and Iwobi will follow their goal outputs under Lampard rather than under Dyche, let’s just assume Danjuma is a massive fraud or might also get crocked and just ignore him, and let’s just take as certain that we’re not getting any other forwards in.

If we just assume all of this as true…Where are the goals going to come from?!!
The opposition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back