Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any player with any sort of ambition, or even just a good level of professional pride, will be more than a little bit frustrated at the state of the club.

I'm more than happy for the player to stay. I just don't see any backing coming from the club for the manager to sign the forwards he needs. I don't know our financial position, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if they only want to bring in forwards if they can raise more in sales.

I know I am repetitive and I am extremely boring and I have said this many many, but I am exasperated with the lack of backing for a manager who just kept this team up. I am almost offended at the lack of support he is getting from those above him.
We have 24/25 players currently in our first team squad, we need outs before we can get ins.

We cant bloat the squad any more.

Most outs will be loans and they happen late, teams are sadly in no hurry to take our rubbish.

Lol.

I’m dealing in facts, not hypothetical PPG’s.

You can’t attach a “second relegation“ to a man who wasn’t employed by the club at the time of aforementioned relegation.

At Matchweek 30 in the 13/14 season Leicester City were bottom of the league on 19pts (0.66 ppg). Eight games later they were sat on 41pts. Those 8 games returned 2.75ppg. Notice these are actual PPG’s, not hypothetical ones.

Dyche was never given the opportunity to save the club. Burnley had plenty of time to turn their season around, they failed. The incumbent takes the blame.

:coffee:

Oh, so were taking what is regarded as one of the all time "great escapes" from relegation in the Premier league and using that as the barometer for relegation threatened teams?

This is getting embarrassing...

For starters I think you mean the 14/15 season. Leicester were in the championship in the 13/14 season.

But seeing as you bring up Leicester 14/15s relegation survival. What did Leicester end up doing to their manager that summer?

They sacked him didnt they? Yes, they did and what happened next? They brought in a better manager and won the league.

Proof that if you get rid of a sub par manager and bring in a better manager that can improve the players you have you can improve, no?

You're not using facts, what you're doing is clinging on to a technically to reinforces your biases point of view.

I can assure you we wont sign Scott or Wharton, nor have we been linked, but we shall see regarding that.

Its impossible to call the Dele thing, I have no idea if hes worth keeping till he plays.

If hes fit, doing ok in training and can offer us something, then hes worth the money, but we wont know till he plays.
Weve been linked with both.

You think hes worth £10mil and £100k+ a week if hes decent in training?

If selling Onana this summer allows us to get 2 strikers and a midfield replacement, then we should absolutely do it. Absolutely nothing against the lad because he's going to be a very good player, but we need goals and if we need to sell to get them, then so be it.
We ain’t getting three players for 30-35m, no one will pay more than that on last season.

We have 24/25 players currently in our first team squad, we need outs before we can get ins.

We cant bloat the squad any more.

Most outs will be loans and they happen late, teams are sadly in no hurry to take our rubbish.
We need strikers

We need them before game 1

We can't wait to deadline day for many reasons. There will be points lost, and we will miss out on targets if we wait.

Oh, so were taking what is regarded as one of the all time "great escapes" from relegation in the Premier league and using that as the barometer for relegation threatened teams?

This is getting embarrassing...

For starters I think you mean the 14/15 season. Leicester were in the championship in the 13/14 season.

But seeing as you bring up Leicester 14/15s relegation survival. What did Leicester end up doing to their manager that summer?

They sacked him didnt they? Yes, they did and what happened next? They brought in a better manager and won the league.

Proof that if you get rid of a sub par manager and bring in a better manager that can improve the players you have you can improve, no?

You're not using facts, what you're doing is clinging on to a technically to reinforces your biases point of view.
And yet you can't name this "better manager" that is waiting patiently to join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back