Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the Lavia £50mil valuation and a good season ahead would put Onana as next seasons cash cow. To sell now would need 2 replacement CMs which wouldnt make sense.
Well no Zat, if we sell 1 player, we would only need 1 player to replace him.

I know you think hes amazing, but hes not 2 players.

Watching the Lavia £50mil valuation and a good season ahead would put Onana as next seasons cash cow. To sell now would need 2 replacement CMs which wouldnt make sense.
If selling Onana this summer allows us to get 2 strikers and a midfield replacement, then we should absolutely do it. Absolutely nothing against the lad because he's going to be a very good player, but we need goals and if we need to sell to get them, then so be it.

If selling Onana this summer allows us to get 2 strikers and a midfield replacement, then we should absolutely do it. Absolutely nothing against the lad because he's going to be a very good player, but we need goals and if we need to sell to get them, then so be it.
Doesnt really seem the interest in him this window.

I think hes going to stay you know.

But when you have players like Michael Keane, no slight on Keggers, but you couldnt say hes got much ambition left at his age, but when a player like Keane says he really wants to see signings, you can imagine what a player like Onana thinks about it all.

You know what I mean?

So Danjuma can cover at centre forward, no problem with that, but, what happens when he gets injured? It's odds on that Calvert Lewin will spend much of the season on the treatment table, so, if Danjuma is injured at the same time, we will be back to playing Maupay or McNeill or somebody else not capable of the role. We need a centre forward before we bring in Gnonto, or any other player in any other position.

If hes injured were screwed. But if we sell Maupay, Gray and hopefully Iwobi...and are creative in our accounting projections we could be ok on replacements.

Its a risk.

My assumption is we ship Gmbamin and Gomes, replace with 1 player, potentially 2 of Gana, Dele and Onana, replace with 1 player.

Well no Zat, if we sell 1 player, we would only need 1 player to replace him.

I know you think hes amazing, but hes not 2 players.

We already need one DM/CM to come in...so selling one of the 3 in play would require us to sign 2.

Id like to see Gbamin and Gomes moved on pronto. Aside from being young, the Wharton and Scott types (u21 English) would mean low wages and high potential.

Nice if we could do what Moshiri had said before -- higher fees (each would be £15-25mil) but low wages.

Would you keep Dele? It would mean a fair chunk of money with £10mil + £100k+ a week for a season.

But when you have players like Michael Keane, no slight on Keggers, but you couldnt say hes got much ambition left at his age, but when a player like Keane says he really wants to see signings, you can imagine what a player like Onana thinks about it all.

You know what I mean?
But Keane is probably feeling that way because he knows we recruit awful players and is looking for less scrutiny on the pitch

You know what I mean?

Any player with any sort of ambition, or even just a good level of professional pride, will be more than a little bit frustrated at the state of the club.

I'm more than happy for the player to stay. I just don't see any backing coming from the club for the manager to sign the forwards he needs. I don't know our financial position, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if they only want to bring in forwards if they can raise more in sales.

I know I am repetitive and I am extremely boring and I have said this many many, but I am exasperated with the lack of backing for a manager who just kept this team up. I am almost offended at the lack of support he is getting from those above him.

As i posted above, we already need another midfielder.

Selling Onana now would mean we need 2 midfielders to come in before adding other positions...hes probably the last player id sell.

You know what I mean?

If somehow the El Bilal deal sneaked over the line then i think he'd be quite happy.

Fine margins at the moment.

If hes injured were screwed. But if we sell Maupay, Gray and hopefully Iwobi...and are creative in our accounting projections we could be ok on replacements.

Its a risk.

We already need one DM/CM to come in...so selling one of the 3 in play would require us to sign 2.

Id like to see Gbamin and Gomes moved on pronto. Aside from being young, the Wharton and Scott types (u21 English) would mean low wages and high potential.

Nice if we could do what Moshiri had said before -- higher fees (each would be £15-25mil) but low wages.

Would you keep Dele? It would mean a fair chunk of money with £10mil + £100k+ a week for a season.
I can assure you we wont sign Scott or Wharton, nor have we been linked, but we shall see regarding that.

Its impossible to call the Dele thing, I have no idea if hes worth keeping till he plays.

If hes fit, doing ok in training and can offer us something, then hes worth the money, but we wont know till he plays.

We do need goals but we’re short of quality everywhere I don’t think we can say the squad is fine apart from a striker because it’s not the case at all and losing good players will only make it worse. If the only way we can get money is if we sell players then we have some decisions to make but you can’t rob peter to pay paul forever and selling our biggest assets every year will only end one way eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back