Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, he has never appeared in less than 11 league games in a season for us but ok.
So 17 games he was involved in 2 goals (1 was a penalty) or his last 2 season 34 games 7 goals.

But i guess your going to make excuses for the games he did play and say he wasn't fully fit or getting over his injury.

Ok but still, it would be Gomes and Gbamin as the DM/CM players along with Gana, Onana and Garner.

In a positive scenario id move out Gomes, Gbamin and Gana.

Bring in Scott as 3rd choice to rotate in and Wharton to develop.

We'd benefit hugely from that over the next few seasons.
What I mean is, by all means replace the names you mentioned, but first we need to remove them, then replace, some of them.

If we could sell Iwobi and Gray + replace with Iling Junior + Gnonto we'd be fine in those attacking positions as Doucoure i think has stopped playing internationals.

But we definitely need one incoming to develop and rotate in the DM/CM position.
I read that about doucoure but I’ve read different things including that he didn’t play international games at end of the season as he had been having injections for 3 months to be available for our relegation run in.

I’d be surprised if he has though after only a few caps and him actually being in decent form.

So 17 games he was involved in 2 goals (1 was a penalty) or his last 2 season 34 games 7 goals.

But i guess your going to say he wasnt fully fit or getting over his injury,
Don’t get me wrong, his goal stats weren’t good enough, certainly last seasons. The season before he was definitely rushed back and that’s been done to death.

But you made out like he is only available for a literal handful of matches which until being badly managed, he was playing 32/33+ league games a season for 4 years on the bounce. And even his worst season, which was his first season for us, he played more games than you seem to think he is capable of.

Don’t get me wrong, his goal stats weren’t good enough, certainly last seasons. The season before he was definitely rushed back and that’s been done to death.

But you made out like he is only available for a literal handful of matches which until being badly managed, he was playing 32/33+ league games a season for 4 years on the bounce. And even his worst season, which was his first season for us, he played more games than you seem to think he is capable of.
Mate he's been involved in 17 games last season, how many did he start and finish? Same as the season before?
Then when he does start its 'he's not match fit' because he has been out for several weeks.

I bet the 17 games he was involved probably didn't accumulate to 10 full games.

I like the lad and want him to do well i just don't think he's all that when fully fit, then add his injury record he is actually pointless trying to rely on him.

If we end the window with only Garner/Gana for the 2 DM/CM positions wed be relegated (unless we signed 2 replacements).

Im a bit surprised Iwobi hasnt had his agent trying to engineer a move...and that Gbamin hasnt gone to Russia plus Gomes hasnt been moved out on loan already so save wages.

Dele is the interesting one.

Gnonto has played most gamed as a 'support striker'...Iling Junior and him can also play both wings.

If we have McNeil, Doucoure and Iwobi botj of them can cover every position.

Regarding Danjuma coming in...he can also play CF as he did in Spain.
So Danjuma can cover at centre forward, no problem with that, but, what happens when he gets injured? It's odds on that Calvert Lewin will spend much of the season on the treatment table, so, if Danjuma is injured at the same time, we will be back to playing Maupay or McNeill or somebody else not capable of the role. We need a centre forward before we bring in Gnonto, or any other player in any other position.

I haven't really been following this transfer window because the club is a bit Niasse and I'm broken buuuut can someone explain why Danjuma's parent club are so keen to keep loaning him out? Is that a redflag regarding attitude or are there other factors?

Even optimists must be losing hope the way these weeks are dragging out without signs of movement on new strikers. No amount of bluff will be enough if we enter a second season without a recognised goalscorer. I exclude Dom from the considerations.

If we end the window with only Garner/Gana for the 2 DM/CM positions wed be relegated (unless we signed 2 replacements).

Im a bit surprised Iwobi hasnt had his agent trying to engineer a move...and that Gbamin hasnt gone to Russia plus Gomes hasnt been moved out on loan already so save wages.

Dele is the interesting one.
My assumption is we ship Gmbamin and Gomes, replace with 1 player, potentially 2 of Gana, Dele and Onana, replace with 1 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back