Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you're right we need to work with what is in place not with a fantasy. I want Everton to be an exciting passing team cutting teams to ribbons but its not going to happen with the players and manager and budget we have so I want them to just find people who make us the best version of what we are for now.
Likewise and there is a compromise to be made there. If we are going to play Dyche's style, let's do it with an exciting young team, because then, if he fails, we know it's on him, and if he surprises some of us and irons out his flaws as a manager then everyone's a winner. But also, if he does fail, under this scenario, we would still be left with a decent squad.

One thing that does encourage me (and I feel very negative towards the club these days) is that it seems like transfer target identification is being taken away from Dyche. He's always been poor at that, and yes I know he was also bound by the limitations of Burnley, but look at the kind of targets they've pursued under Kompany.

But I feel like it may be being done the right way now, which isn't for the DoF to just dump players on the manager that he wouldn't want. It seems like proper targets are being identified, presented to Dyche and he is having a say from those targets which ones he might like. Early days of course and they still have to get the deals done, but that is something that seems to be happening and is a positive.

Not for me because I believe if he'd of been a better manager he'd of had us safe alot sooner then the final day.

Refusing to play Patterson, persisting with keane when we had mina on the bench. Playing Maupay when we had simms. Pushing onana into advanced positions when he's better as a cdm.

The fact he completely fell to bits when Doucoure got sent off against spurs and was out for 3 games.

His in game decision making it abysmal. His team selection is dreadful. Fulham lost 5 on the bounce, no striker, no manager and everyone at that ground knew we'd be beat by them because of that team selection.

In short hes a poor manager.
A world class manager with some better players and money to spend could only get this squad to 12th & 10th.

There was only a win or 2 between 17th and 13th last season so if your only gripe is the Fulham game then he's not far off mid table. Unless you are saying he should be outperforming Carlo with this squad.

Why because he's been relegated twice?

He is the most qualified at keeping us in the same position we are now or worse.

People need to stop drinking the cool-aid. Having a bad manager isn't going to help us, having a actually good manager who can coach players to be better will.
Any in mind? Who would realistically come to us?

Loan with obligation doesn't do much for us immediately when it leaves us needing to fund two strikers. Also if it's conditional on him making a number of appearances.....yeah, see you next summer. Don't see the point.
What if he hardly plays for a 3rd consecutive season? Forget about anyone going near him, the fact that someone is interested with an obligation to buy i would bite their hand off for it, we need 2 strikers anyway because he doesn't exist as a footballer anymore, maximum 5-10 games he will play and 80% of the games he does play will be 'he's not match fit' get rid.

What if he hardly plays for a 3rd consecutive season? Forget about anyone going near him, the fact that someone is interested with an obligation to buy i would bite their hand off for it, we need 2 strikers anyway because he doesn't exist as a footballer anymore, maximum 5-10 games he will play and 80% of the games he does play will be 'he's not match fit' get rid.
I mean, he has never appeared in less than 11 league games in a season for us but ok.

My mate who is a massive Leeds fan, just sent me this. Which started a conversation. He said this is all over their forums. Hope it can lead to a deal.
Screenshot_20230726_163619_WhatsApp.webp

Screenshot_20230726_163710_WhatsApp.webp

Personally not that bothered missing out on Bilal Toure, but broadly very disappointed in the window. My estimation the areas of need entering the summer were a leftback, Centerback, Striker and Right Winger. As it stands one could make the case NONE of those have been adequately addressed. Young may cover but he is a more a RB. Danjuma equally has some versatility across the front 3 but mostly favors the left. Coady walking has grounds but makes the necessity of another CB all the more evident. And we continue to miss out on Striker targets.

All those I think could have been achievable as demonstrated in the market for reasonable expenses. Fabiano Parisi, a very engaging LB moved from Empoli to Fiorentina for 10 million. RW I dont think there has been as good a fit to need but a case for the likes of Ismaila Sarr to Marseille for 13 million, Tim Weah to Juve for 11, maybe even Gonzalo Plata to Al Sadd (fair to note maybe on inflated wages) for 12 at least demonstrate viability in garnering a decent add reasonably in that price range. Club stability and fit let alone wages fair to note but compromise im sure could be made or made up by marginal raises on transfer fees.

Their is no difference at Centerback and Striker. I think there are a myriad of names that could be fetched for similar fees. But instead we are connected at higher price points which makes me think the unlikelihood we fill all those positional holes by the end of the window, which in total likely effects results and future profits in sell ons more dramatically.
That's if you ignore the fact that the teams you quote Juventus Marseille and Fiorentina are seen as a better bet than a team who've dodged relegation last two seasons and little or no money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back