Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything in the garden should be rosy for West Ham for those reasons but they’ll be getting a bit nervous- for all the Euro exploits that was a relegation threatened squad that’s lost it’s best player, and hasn’t added anyone with two weeks to go. Rice was certain to leave so why weren’t options ready to go?

The links to big bids for the likes of Maguire, Gallagher or Ward Prowse have all the hallmarks of us in the early Moshiri years, plenty of money but very limited imagination.
Oh forgot they have divering Dave at the helm. He spent Everton's money like its his own. To be fair he didn't make many mistakes in the transfer market. Drenth, VDM and that defender who couldn't head the ball, was about it.

The same fans who cried until we got rich then cajoled Moshiri into splashing the cash around that’s left us in the position we are now pal. The same fans who megamouth the loudest then go missing when they’re shown up as being clueless Geordies.

Let’s hold them accountable too.
Well if the owner can be cajoled into spending money by the fans we know again where the problem lies and its not with the fans IMHO.

The same fans who cried until we got rich then cajoled Moshiri into splashing the cash around that’s left us in the position we are now pal. The same fans who megamouth the loudest then go missing when they’re shown up as being clueless Geordies.

Hi mate, do you have a preferred line up for the upcoming season? You see, until you get an opinion of your own, you are NOT entitled to question the opinion of others.

Thanks.

Personally, I was happy for him to be splashing the cash….
Just not on those players!!!

James Beattie wasn’t a roaring success either.
The Beattie signing annoys me to this day.

We had a good set up with Bent playing as a lone striker doing loads of running and pressing, obviously the next step would be to get a better Bent with more of a goal threat and instead we bought a gifted but lazy player who could never lead the line on his own.

His sending off against Chelsea (?) still makes me laugh though.

We had a good set up with Bent playing as a lone striker doing loads of running and pressing, obviously the next step would be to get a better Bent with more of a goal threat and instead we bought a gifted but lazy player who could never lead the line on his own.

Back in the days when we were a type striker away from being a really decent side

I felt sorry for him, as he was being asked to do a job, that he was total unsuited for.

He was a target man, not a lone runner like Bent.

Moyes got the Beattie signing badly wrong and it effectively finished his career too.

I want to believe this but no reliable source here has mentioned Dia. It could still happen but I'm not getting my hopes up until they do.
I’m not even sure what a reliable source here is any more.

No idea if the Dia links from Italy are true but stories on transfers like this do tend to come from the country of origin first, it’s generally more in the interest of the selling club than the buying club to leak stuff.

Accountable for what? If you think that fans had any influence over how the Board spent the money Moshiri put into the club you are overestimating the power of the Everton supporter. You only have to look at the way the club has been run for years to see the Board have no thought as to the wants or needs of the people who pay to watch the team. A prime example of the regard Kenwright and Moshiri have for the supporters of the club is the way they leaked lies about headlocks and their safety towards the end of last season. The total disregard of the fans is now compounded by the fact Kenwright is still in post. In order to hold people accountable those people have to be accountable, in the sorry demise of a once great football club there are people who should be held to account, diluting the blame only serves to put of the day when those who are truly responsible have to take responsibility. Hopefully that day is not too far off, hopefully the club can rid itself of the incompetence at the top and then, and only then, it can start the long process of healing both in terms of sporting achievement and integrity.

It’s now 9 weeks since the season finished, 3 matches into pre season and 2 weeks away from the season starting, and we still haven’t signed a proper striker.

Now we’re being heavily linked with Che Adams.

Most observers would say that this is gross professional misconduct from the board.

How long ago was it that we sold Lukaku for £75m? And we still haven’t came close to replacing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back