Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dia deal makes sense because it fixes 2 problems, most importantly a recognised experienced striker but also it gets Maupay out.

I don’t think we probably have the money for Dia outright and I think we’d struggle to sell Maupay so again a deal like this just makes perfect sense. I’ve seen that Dia can maybe play out right too, would be a very sensible option.

Like you said I’d like another fast wide man but I think the best we can hope for is someone like Dia that can maybe play multiple positions. Other than that it’ll be like Tete or Adama Traore on a free (both of which I’d take honestly)
Agree completely

Although encouraging that he even had that in place to start with.

I reckon with the addition of Gyokeres this summer Sporting are now pretty happy with their attacking options for the foreseeable, so not the end of the world if they manage to bank c.£13m plus addons for a 19 year old if he turns out well for us.

Also - and although I can't quite explain why I happen to think this - I reckon the club have got a pretty good relationship with Sporting in general.
Pipe dreaming but if thats the case, would love a pitch for Marcus Edwards. Obviously I think Sporting knows that if he keeps up his form they may get a gigantic return from a european powerhouse. But if/ around 40 was doable from either end it could solve a lot of my concerns in regards to this year. He is a superstar laden player, likely offering goals from the shallowest position in the front three, the right. Along with assists creativity etc.

That said doesnt seem we have that money or that Lisbon would be wise right now to move on, let alone to us. But considering our needs and the two parties seems relevant to name the elephant in the room.

Last edited:
DCL
Adams
Chermiti
Danjuma able to play there

Probably enough there upfront if we get Adams & Chermiti over the line.

The ‘dream’ of course is still to pursue the Dia for Maupay deal if that’s actually on the table
That is the dream after finally giving in and watching a highlight reel of him he looks a good player still can’t see us signing him unless the fee is silly money compared to what they paid. Looks to play with a high intensity and sharpness which I think will allow him to adapt to the premier league pretty quick. I’ve gone and done it to myself now haven’t I hope this deal can be done along with maupay going out would be like every Xmas I’ve had in one 😂

Let’s have it right. None of us know these players. People shout about getting Dia have never sat and watched a full Salternia game or whatever they are called. Same as this lad, who seriously has watched a full Sporting Lisbon game last season and seen the lad play.

Thelwells obsession with Che Adams is something I just don't think i'll ever understand. At least id assume the transfer would be cheaper from Southampton being relegated. Still don't get it though in the slightest.

Pipe dreaming but if thats the case, would love a pitch for Marcus Edwards. Obviously I think Sporting knows that if he keeps up his form they may get a gigantic return from a european powerhouse. But if/ around 40 was doable from either end it could solve a lot of my concerns in regards to this year. He is a superstar laden player, likely offer goals from the right along with assists creativity etc.

That said doesnt seem we have that money or that Lisbon would be wise right now to move on, let alone to us. But considering our needs and the two parties seems relevant to name the elephant in the room.
It's alleged Spurs have a large sell on clause.

We have a lot of posters saying how skint we are, blaming a lack of money on signings, FFP, the Saudis, meanwhile Mr Kenwright and Mr Thellwell are getting paid vast sums to fail, sheltered from blame "Its not their fault".

No surprise that both of them are kopites really.
It could be that they are not considered to be failing. If their objective from Moshiri is to spend as little as possible and divert all money to the stadium build while keeping the club in the PL they would be considered as successful and achieving their goals.

DCL
Adams
Chermiti
Danjuma able to play there

Probably enough there upfront if we get Adams & Chermiti over the line.
I wouldnt be wasting a single penny on Che Adams.

DCL
Chermo
Danjudas will be fine

Instead of wasting money on Che Adams get that wibble Iwobi out the club and spend money on his replacement, could replace him easily with 2million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back