Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot take the Transfermarkt injury stats as reliable because they are very patchy for the last two years. Antonio missed 8 PL & European games last year and at least 5 were due to injury (and one more was Moyes deliberately giving him an extra week to recover) none of which appeared in the Transfermarkt injury page.

It is also not just games missed for a 33 year old with a long injury history, it is the cumulative impact on his game. He has lost the explosive edge he had at his peak. I really like him as a player but at this point in his career he is not the smart solution to back-up DCL. Given they are also trying to offload Scamacca and are struggling to buy Moyes would not even dream of unloading Antonio, one of his personal favourites, if he believed he was still near his best.

That is a wide spread of teams.

The point about Maguire more than anything is affordability.... It is these kind of signings that has us in the shiiite we are in.

Yes, I think its this really.

Would Dyche take a Maguire type - Yes absolutly he would.

Can we afford it !?!? Thats the issue.

On loan, paying half his wages....which shifting out Keane AND Holgate ??? Actually puts us in a better £££ position.

If someone else says 'he's premier league proven'!!!!!!!!! Just look at Brighton, not many are Premier League proven for them and it works. When was the last time we scoured South America and the Asian market for decent players? No we are looking at Leicester, Southampton and washed up OAPs from West Ham, again the Club is a badly run joke.
Thats something we need to move towards I agree but you can't just do it overnight Brighton don't just sign these players and throw them straight in the team in a relegation battle and expect them to perform its a long process putting all these things in place and in the meantime we still have to get results so theres no point making the comparison.

Thats something we need to move towards I agree but you can't just do it overnight Brighton don't just sign these players and throw them straight in the team in a relegation battle and expect them to perform its a long process putting all these things in place and in the meantime we still have to get results so theres no point making the comparison.
We’re in effect back to where we were when Moyes took over. No money (it seems) and having to look for players to do a job and make us competitive. There’s a place for the odd starlet and the odd grizzled veteran. The hope is obviously funds become available via new investment or once the stadium is up and running but until then we are where we are. I’ll judge the signings by their performances and if we finish clear of the drop then it’s job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back