Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Coady or is Keane really much better than Branthwaite is likely to be? He is 21 and has played at the lower prep levels to get the opportunity. At some point the team has to stop wanting mediocre or worse Premier League experienced options over young talent they have that needs a chance. Will he make some errors? Probably. So does Keane. Play him.

If the young talent came with a guarantee that they’d definitely develop into top quality players, and Everton were actually capable of holding onto top quality players, then I would agree. But neither of those things are true.

He could become the next Godfrey, or if he’s really good we can pat ourselves on the back for keeping hold of him for an extra season like we did when we refused to sell John Stones, only to sell him the following season and completely waste the money we received for him.

Oh if its a loan, sure. But a perm? No way we could match his Utd coin.
We wouldn't have to. If they sell him, without him asking for a transfer, they have to pay him up. If he asks for a transfer that is a different matter.
Utd will have to put £10m+ in his back pocket to force him out

Oh if its a loan, sure. But a perm? No way we could match his Utd coin.

….I might have this wrong, but I‘m sure United have managed this scenario in the past with expensive players they want off their books. A might lotalty bonus or even subsidising part of the new salary.

Look back at my posts and nobody rates Branthwaite more than me but as much as it irks me, I sympathise with @davek view. I‘m reasonably certain that if we bring in a partner for Tarkowski, Branthwaite will want out. He might be one for the future but he feels he’s one for now.

I hope he stays and plays but I understand if that doesn’t happen. Any deal involving us has to be heavily weighted in our favour.

😂😂. Your question was which one mate. We ain't getting all 3!!

And if we were in the market for another winger after one of those, it should be a bot more of a cheap potential gem like Antonio Nusa.

I think we need to make more sales but obviously Gnonto is the lower risk as hes had a full season in the league.

He'd make the most sense but also i wonder how desperate Juventus get to bring in funds as the window drags on.

the likes of Iling Junior and De Winter could well see their asking prices dramatically decrease.

….Branthwaite is coming back here to play. He knows the interest in him from some big clubs, if he doesn’t get regular game time I’m sure he’ll push for a move in January. Posters know I like him lots but I actually have doubts he sees Everton as anything but short-term, I think his contract here finishes at the end of the season after this.

Theres been zero evidence or even a hint of this though...

If the young talent came with a guarantee that they’d definitely develop into top quality players, and Everton were actually capable of holding onto top quality players, then I would agree. But neither of those things are true.

He could become the next Godfrey, or if he’s really good we can pat ourselves on the back for keeping hold of him for an extra season like we did when we refused to sell John Stones, only to sell him the following season and completely waste the money we received for him.

Sell now and the mooted figure is £25mil. If he holds a place in the eleven then the figure will be £40mil+...if he shows strong potential were talking huge money.

It would be stupidity to sell now.

Not to mention, he has always said positive things about the club and, like Pickford may actually just end up wanting to stay long term.

We wouldn't have to. If they sell him, without him asking for a transfer, they have to pay him up. If he asks for a transfer that is a different matter.
Utd will have to put £10m+ in his back pocket to force him out

You sure about that? They cant sell him without him agreeing anyrate.

You sure about that? They cant sell him without him agreeing anyrate.
He can say no, and he goes nowhwhere, or sure, pay me up and I will go. Utd have a contractual obligation to pay him those agreed wages.
Think how we have had to pay off all those managers. Over his 5 year contract He is due £50m or something other random insane number. If they want rid, they have to pay him the remainder of that, or make up the difference.

We had to pay Koeman £5.4m a year when he had the Dutch job, cause he went to them and said Everton are paying my wages, so, you pay me £600k and Everton make up the rest to £6m. Pretty sure that ended when he went to Barca.

He can say no, and he goes nowhwhere, or sure, pay me up and I will go. Utd have a contractual obligation to pay him those agreed wages.
Think how we have had to pay off all those managers. Over his 5 year contract He is due £50m or something other random insane number. If they want rid, they have to pay him the remainder of that, or make up the difference.

We had to pay Koeman £5.4m a year when he had the Dutch job, cause he went to them and said Everton are paying my wages, so, you pay me £600k and Everton make up the rest to £6m. Pretty sure that ended when he went to Barca.
Im sorry but you are wrong mate.

If United sell him they do not have to pay his remaining contract.

They might have to pay a "loyalty" payment of some kind, but they do not have to pay him off to leave, thats utter madness to think they would.

Manager contracts are vastly different to player contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back