Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve all know for ages what we need and it’s been blatantly obvious all pre season that we need to add goals to this team. We still need a couple of strikers, another winger and we probably need another CB if we can shift one or two. Maybe even some creativity in the middle of the park but at this rate we will be lucky to get a couple of strikers.

Money is tight, probably so tight we haven’t got any. That’s why we’re trying to push the likes of Gray and Holgate out. Gray will bring in a bit of money but we won’t sell him until after Fulham so that’s gonna hold us back. I’d imagine no one will want to get anywhere near Holgate’s wages so we will struggle to move him on permanently, Gomes the same.

So I reckon we will move Gray on and maybe get a couple of players in or 3 at a push, a loan here and there maybe

If we go with what we’ve got we could be bang in trouble. Even with Dom fit I think we will struggle to score goals. We look so toothless it’s a joke
I really do think we'll get signings in but it'll probably go quite late in the window now- when you're trying to pinch pennies you can't really force the issue but I think the last couple of weeks of the window are when targets from relegated sides like Gnonto or Sulemana will start pressing to get out the door and that will force the issue instead. And even if we struggle we should be making full use of loans, and most tend only to become available late in the window when other teams have finished their incomings.

It's unfortunate we won't have business done before the season but that's where we are. Still think we get 4-5 minimum in the door between permanents and loans. Worth remembering that other than Toure most of our reported serious targets haven't gone elsewhere so they are still on the table.

"We are a bit stretched as a squad and we still are in the market."

"We are attempting to sign players who can make us stronger."

I'm going to trust Dyche. Yes, I may be naive.
Go ‘ead Kev/Dychey😂😂😂

Attachments

• 51853061-FAE1-4C29-89DE-E9D28D04B00A.webp
    51853061-FAE1-4C29-89DE-E9D28D04B00A.webp
    249 KB · Views: 27

I trust Dyche too mate.
However due to being misled so often in the past , I have absolutely no trust whatsover in the boardroom inhabitants.
Unfortunately , it is them that call the shots , and hold the purse strings.
I already have visions of the end of the window coming and Dyche doing the "decent thing" in press conferences , and holding the party line whilst trying to make the best of "going with what we have".
I hope that I am wrong , and my cynicism is misplaced.
To leave Dyche without any new players will be simply unforgivable , but then again so much of what has previously occurred has also been unforgivable. Shameful really.

I'm sure we'll sign players. I wouldn't read much into what Dyche said - he's that kind of manager that will downplay everything.

The worry remains what it always was really: will we get the right players in?!

If we go with what we’ve got we could be bang in trouble. Even with Dom fit I think we will struggle to score goals. We look so toothless it’s a joke

Dyche giving it the old “it’s like last season we can’t rely on strikers we need goals from every position,” doesn’t fill me with confidence that we are going to do much more business.

When Dyche came in we all said the only way we stay up is if we scrape a load of 1-0’s and I think the club are happy to let him try and do that. Our attack is absolutely horrible.

You have to make peace with the fact that the Gordon money is paying for girders at Bramley Moore.

Not really, it payed the wages last season of players who didn’t play and went into the “other operating costs”. Out of our income last season, almost 90% went on player wages.

FFP wise we write off the stadium, it’s cost don’t count, but having over payed injured players and paying for other operating costs, do count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back