Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, it payed the wages last season of players who didn’t play and went into the “other operating costs”. Out of our income last season, almost 90% went on player wages.

FFP wise we write off the stadium, it’s cost don’t count, but having over payed injured players and paying for other operating costs, do count.
Have we got it to spend on improving the squad?

Can you break down those stats to games when Lampard was here and Dyche was in charge? I’d genuinely be interested to see them.

I don’t think we need stats though, I’m sure you’ll admit yourself that we’re look a different side with DCL there.

Even those performances towards the end of the season at Wolves (when he was on the pitch), Leicester…His impact may not have been reflected in the points but the performances were very promising IMO and the difference when he went off was frightening.

It’s going to take some clever business but it wouldn’t be a surprise to me to see us do well this season if some of the talked about deals happen.

We need a focal point to the attack, that is certain. If it’s DCL or someone with similar attributes. It’s the only way the squad is set up to play, long ball or crossing game, trying to play that way without a target man is downright depressing, but we did it last season for the 21 games DCL was injured.

Watching Anthony Gordon an Neal Maupay duck under crosses and fall to the ground at the slightest breeze, was not fun.

If we go with what we’ve got we could be bang in trouble. Even with Dom fit I think we will struggle to score goals. We look so toothless it’s a joke
In fairness I think this is probably the most clear the bottom of league has been in a few years. Luton and Sheffield United are basically down already, Bournemouth, Forest and Wolves could be in real trouble too, Burnley are an unknown quantity with Kompany at this level but will probably be fine. For as bad as we were last year I think basically everyone in the club knows that outside of utter calamity we're probably a safe 16th at least this year.

So far we've replaced Mina and Coady with Branthwaite which is a downgrade but that's the only place the squad has gotten weaker, adding Danjuma up front does probably offset that in the club's eyes. I'm not saying I agree with it completely, I think it's a disgrace we haven't gotten more, but I think the club will not see this as a do or die season. Obviously anything can happen in a season but I think the relegation battle is fairly nailed on to be among those 5 teams I mentioned, we could still have a crap season but I can't see us being worse than some of those.

It's depressing but I think those are the club now are content with knowing there are at least 3 worse teams that Everton in the league and that's good enough for them, which is obviously a disgrace but is clearly how they think.

17 year old Sam Curtis (left or right back) played his 50th game (and scored his 3rd goal of the season) last night for St Pats in the Irish premier league.

Versatile, experienced, young and 1m should seal it. It’s the type of punt we should be taking in these tight times.
He’s a good shout. But start at 300k. 500k max (I’m an LoI Season tic holder!).

17 year old Sam Curtis (left or right back) played his 50th game (and scored his 3rd goal of the season) last night for St Pats in the Irish premier league.

Versatile, experienced, young and 1m should seal it. It’s the type of punt we should be taking in these tight times.
Mentioned him here 3 times already in the last couple of months.
Brighton will sign him now

Can’t wait for him to celebrate his third against us by ripping the badge off his shirt and scranning it in front of our fans.
Or becoming another flop in the premier league....First time really brighton are spending big on one player which goes against how they normally do business. They have been successful in the last couple of years by signing talent on the cheap. You only need to get it wrong a couple of times and you're back to square one.

The medical isn't necessarily the 'deal' though, is it? The 'deal' in this case clearly references the final agreement on the financials, which is what the hold up had been until now..
if you were selling a car and someone wanted a test drive first you wouldn’t say that the deal is done before it.

A deal isn’t done until he’s officially an Everton player. Maybe say negotiations are complete, it’s amateur from a journalist to get such a basic thing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back