Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is if he’s good mate. As we showed last season with Maupay, you can drop a fee like that and it doesn’t definitely influence things.

Haven’t seen the lad bar YouTube, so Im defo not judging, but I think it’s a big ask for a 19 year old to come into this team and add goals and we need that.
He's basically the Simms's replacement a young third choice with potential, we can mould hopefully. It's only a good signing if a more experienced striker comes in too

He needs to be better and contribute more in terms of role than Simms and Cannon mate, thats a fair barometer.
For sure you'd hope at that price but he's very inexperienced and raw we can't be relying on him he will be coming off the bench now and again, with the occasional start in cups the odd game I think

Chermiti all but done now we need another striker, a winger and a CB

I don’t trust Thelwell and those above them to deliver that. We have a reputation for always having something that needs sorting the following transfer window. Playing catch up with ourselves as it were.

I don’t think Thelwell recognises the need for prolific goal scorers either. They had money to spend last summer and being the third man in after Walsh and Brands you would think he would have a slight advantage to learn what happened with those wo and recognised our lack of goal threat.

It’s not all on him of course , he’s part of a collective problem.

For sure you'd hope at that price but he's very inexperienced and raw we can't be relying on him he will be coming off the bench now and again, with the occasional start in cups the odd game I think

Hard to draw any hard or fast conclusions as none of us have in all honesty seen him play consistently, but he needs to contribute more then Simms and Cannon, in terms of product and role.

I think it’s a curious signing in the sense, we clearly need a senior striker and he can’t be that at 19 - I don’t think. Surely a DOF will know if he’s our only striking incoming this summer the expectation will be unfairly high on the lad - but they will do it anyway - which is intriguing.

I mean doing Che Adams or Nacho for this money, is an easy win for Kev here, but he’s decided to drop a shape, take a risk and back this lid.

Hopefully true mate.

If he goes for 10s of millions we have a choice to take the money, buy him back id imagine at a reasonable set fee, or if he tanks just do nothing - while also having cash now.

Win, win, win.

Or do what other clubs do and sign him back and then sell him on …. Keeping all the profit

Just saw the report on Niels the source is L’Equipe

We have a have a buy-back option worth €2.5m and have a sell-on clause of 30% of any future fee if we don't take the option.

The reports says Saint-Etienne rejected a €4m offer from Eintracht Frankfurt recently as Everton’s sell-on clause would have meant that they would have bagged little money from the sale.

Apparently Eintracht Frankfurt are in the process of making a €9 mill offer and Saint-Etienne are stalling on it.

Buy him back for 2.5 then sell him to Frankfurt for 9m

If that’s not allowed then sign him back and loan him to them with obligation to buy for 9m next season and cover all his wages for the loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back