Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well run club. On the rise. Being bankrolled by Chelsea also helps.
They are leagues and leagues ahead of us in terms of finding players. They literally have a company(that the owner owns) that scouts for players using stats. Brighton and Brentford owners were very close friends and worked on the business together then they fell out and the Brentford owner made his own company that does the same thing. Then bought Brentford and gas the same scouting system

Everton have an A-Z of PL clubs

They are leagues and leagues ahead of us in terms of finding players. They literally have a company(that the owner owns) that scouts for players using stats. Brighton and Brentford owners were very close friends and worked on the business together then they fell out and the Brentford owner made his own company that does the same thing. Then bought Brentford and gas the same scouting system

A-Z is ambitious.

It really is absolutely appalling management by those at the top to be sitting here with less than a week to go before the new season and still have gaping gaps in the squad.

It's like groundhog day from this time last season. No creativity at all and not enough quality depth up top.

Absolutely awful recruitment once again where we go into the start of a season short on numbers and short on quality.

It really is absolutely appalling management by those at the top to be sitting here with less than a week to go before the new season and still have gaping gaps in the squad.

It's like groundhog day from this time last season. No creativity at all and not enough quality depth up top.

Absolutely awful recruitment once again where we go into the start of a season short on numbers and short on quality.
Yeah but Kev has had a great two-month all-inclusive holiday in Marmaris though.

I know what you're saying but haven't we had a move blocked for the very player you're heralding Brighton for going for (Kudus)? He would have been ours on a different day. Isn't that evidence to suggest we do, sometimes, venture outside the PL?

I know what you're saying but haven't we had a move blocked for the very player you're heralding Brighton for going for (Kudus)? He would have been ours on a different day. Isn't that evidence to suggest we do, sometimes, venture outside the PL?

Mykolenko Onana Patterson Garner Danjuma, that’s just in the last two transfer windows alone, none of these were playing in the PL at the time (Garner had been on loan at Forest in the championship). if Chermiti joins then his name can be added.

People on here don’t let facts get in the way of an opportunity to bash Everton though.

Mykolenko Onana Patterson Garner Danjuma, that’s just in the last two transfer windows alone, none of these were playing in the PL at the time (Garner had been on loan at Forest in the championship). if Chermiti joins then his name can be added.

People on here don’t let facts get in the way of an opportunity to bash Everton though.
🤔

Like I’ve said previously we either 1) have no money or 2) have very little money and are trying to make it stretch by offered stretched repayment terms. At some point however I’d rather have one quality player in effecting PL games now, then continuing to negotiate for say, two players but not getting them until transfer deadline day. We have no margin for error given by the margin we escaped relegation by.

For sure you'd hope at that price but he's very inexperienced and raw we can't be relying on him he will be coming off the bench now and again, with the occasional start in cups the odd game I think
Can only imagine that DCL will be unreliable as ever and this lad could be playing regularly unless we bring in another. And there's potential to ruin an inexperienced player if we don't.

I heard that they make a point of watching every recorded match worldwide and more in person
Must have a lot of employees but they are easily paid by the gems they find

Like I’ve said previously we either 1) have no money or 2) have very little money and are trying to make it stretch by offered stretched repayment terms. At some point however I’d rather have one quality player in effecting PL games now, then continuing to negotiate for say, two players but not getting them until transfer deadline day. We have no margin for error given by the margin we escaped relegation by.
I agree with that but it's almost certain that everything is coming down to deadline day.

For clubs that live off scraps, there is a natural gravity towards it, as we can't dictate terms and clubs will settle on reduced terms only when it's clear they can't do better.

Still think things could have been executed better knowing the situation as they did but that's what happens when we scout in a quite limited and conservative way.

I'm quite anxious now about it and if we can get what we need. It's who we get rather than how many, but the potential for things to go wrong with no time left to persue alternatives is high indeed.

I agree with that but it's almost certain that everything is coming down to deadline day.

For clubs that live off scraps, there is a natural gravity towards it, as we can't dictate terms and clubs will settle on reduced terms only when it's clear they can't do better.

Still think things could have been executed better knowing the situation as they did but that's what happens when we scout in a quite limited and conservative way.

I'm quite anxious now about it and if we can get what we need. It's who we get rather than how many, but the potential for things to go wrong with no time left to persue alternatives is high indeed.
Absolutely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back