Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is absolutely appalling management by those at the top to be sitting here with less than a week to go before the new season and still have gaping gaps in the squad.

It's like groundhog day from this time last season. No creativity at all and not enough quality depth up top.

Absolutely awful recruitment once again where we go into the start of a season short on numbers and short on quality.
We haven't got gaping gaps in the squad though. (Could name 3 players who can play in each position) We just have a gaping lack of quality .

This has to be the first season, I have ever thought that i'm done with watching the blues.

Moved from Kent to Liverpool to go to uni, so I could watch them every week for 3 yrs... Gave up a pretty good footy career as I got more enjoyment going home & away to the games and now it's got to a point where i'm so sick of the background issues, the lies, the lack of transfers & watching players who just are not good enough for the club.

I'm hoping something changes in the next few weeks, as it's gutting to be at this point.

Please do something Everton lol

Oh mate. In the nicest possible way, this is probably an excellent and essential life lesson you needed to learn anyway. Don’t base major life on a football club you support. ESPECIALLY if it’s Everton.
It’s just not worth it.

Make Everton your hobby not your focus.

Trust me, you’ll be much happier in life.

Maguire linked to us on loan would make sense with the 2024 euros...from his perspective he may want to be sure that he is first choice this season with the opportunity to come back to united next summer....he could go to West ham for sure, but then he wouldn't ever play champions league football in his career as unlikely for them to ever qualify.

I think Chermiti is going to be 2nd choice, I don’t think we are the type of club to sign players to be 3rd choice. 3rd choice will be Maupay, unless he’s sold
Well in that case we are in trouble regardless of the fee we are paying and the skillset he has, this lad is very inexperienced and raw.

Hoping this week brings in a new board with a great deal more intelligence than the current dopey narcissist we currently have in situ,also surely we can plug some gaps in the squad with the loan market? Chelsea have about 15 centre half’s surely a Chalobah is available on loan, key week, that said we’re unbeaten in pre season with plenty of clean sheets and despite the outright gloom on here ,we beat a very good Sporting side yesterday

IMG_6273.webp

So Arsenal want £35mil for Balogun.

We should have at least £12-15mil left from the El Bilal dsal after signing Chermiti.

If we get £10-12mil for Gray that takes us to £22-27mil. A Holgate or perhaps a Saudi Gomes move puts us in the ball park.

For Chalobah, cant see that bsing right. Theres no one who who would be paying that kind of money for him.
Steve Walsh would.

If getting McGuire means Branthwaite going to United, then it's a bit no from me, Branthwaite has a higher ceiling, pace, comfortable on the ball, young and low wages. McGuire is the opposite.
Stick with Branthwaite for a season and the potential for big money at the end is there. I doubt Maguire is a realistic option and his stock is only on the wane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back