Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do think we'll get signings in but it'll probably go quite late in the window now- when you're trying to pinch pennies you can't really force the issue but I think the last couple of weeks of the window are when targets from relegated sides like Gnonto or Sulemana will start pressing to get out the door and that will force the issue instead. And even if we struggle we should be making full use of loans, and most tend only to become available late in the window when other teams have finished their incomings.

It's unfortunate we won't have business done before the season but that's where we are. Still think we get 4-5 minimum in the door between permanents and loans. Worth remembering that other than Toure most of our reported serious targets haven't gone elsewhere so they are still on the table.

Yeah 100%, I reckon we will get players in cos like you say, we haven’t got the best bargaining tool when we’ve got a serious lack of money so deals may get done late on when clubs just ease up and become more accepting of deals like the ones we’re currently offering. Plus, players start to become available, either for transfer or loan, has other clubs put their squad’s together

Dyche giving it the old “it’s like last season we can’t rely on strikers we need goals from every position,” doesn’t fill me with confidence that we are going to do much more business.

When Dyche came in we all said the only way we stay up is if we scrape a load of 1-0’s and I think the club are happy to let him try and do that. Our attack is absolutely horrible.

It’s all on who we sell isn’t it. Clearly we don’t want to sell the likes of Pickford or Onana to generate a kitty so we’re trying to offload youth and fringe players but not many clubs want these players for numerous reasons so that’s why it’s such a struggle for us when it comes to recruitment cos we haven’t got anything favourable in the pot to offer anyone

Dyche giving it the old “it’s like last season we can’t rely on strikers we need goals from every position,” doesn’t fill me with confidence that we are going to do much more business.

When Dyche came in we all said the only way we stay up is if we scrape a load of 1-0’s and I think the club are happy to let him try and do that. Our attack is absolutely horrible.
Handy when you've got a midfield that doesn't score or create anything

In fairness I think this is probably the most clear the bottom of league has been in a few years. Luton and Sheffield United are basically down already, Bournemouth, Forest and Wolves could be in real trouble too, Burnley are an unknown quantity with Kompany at this level but will probably be fine. For as bad as we were last year I think basically everyone in the club knows that outside of utter calamity we're probably a safe 16th at least this year.

So far we've replaced Mina and Coady with Branthwaite which is a downgrade but that's the only place the squad has gotten weaker, adding Danjuma up front does probably offset that in the club's eyes. I'm not saying I agree with it completely, I think it's a disgrace we haven't gotten more, but I think the club will not see this as a do or die season. Obviously anything can happen in a season but I think the relegation battle is fairly nailed on to be among those 5 teams I mentioned, we could still have a crap season but I can't see us being worse than some of those.

It's depressing but I think those are the club now are content with knowing there are at least 3 worse teams that Everton in the league and that's good enough for them, which is obviously a disgrace but is clearly how they think.

Yeah I agree on Sheff Utd & Luton, they’re both clearly recruiting with one eye on going back down to the championship. I think Bournemouth will be ok, they have a decent squad these days but I think has it stands we will be down there but ok. Wolves look a curious one, lot of upheaval going on there with P&S and uncertainty over their manager, they could be in bother next season. Palace will be there or thereabouts like us so it’ll be still a tough season for us but I think in the end we will have enough about us to stay up

So Arsenal want £35mil for Balogun.

We should have at least £12-15mil left from the El Bilal dsal after signing Chermiti.

If we get £10-12mil for Gray that takes us to £22-27mil. A Holgate or perhaps a Saudi Gomes move puts us in the ball park.

For Chalobah, cant see that bsing right. Theres no one who who would be paying that kind of money for him.

That’s why I’d read, cos one of the Milan teams want him and apparently been quoted that, same has West Ham I think?

The add ons take the fee to £12mil.

Not £15mil...not sure where that myth came from.
Everton have completed the signing of striker Neal Maupay from Premier League rivals Brighton for a fee of £15m.

Not a myth.

Its a fact.

Now unless you can show me the actual invoice for this transfer, im going to believe the BBC, due to it being a very good source on most things.

This Jebbison chap that weve been linked with for 3 summers now...

Hes 20 and in the England u20s squads.

Might not be that bad, although doesnt appear that he can hit a barn door.

Everton have completed the signing of striker Neal Maupay from Premier League rivals Brighton for a fee of £15m.

Not a myth.

Its a fact.

Now unless you can show me the actual invoice for this transfer, im going to believe the BBC, due to it being a very good source on most things.
Cenk Tosun signs for Everton £28mil

BBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back