Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd hope so but this is EFC we are talking about.

Haha I know mate but either we think this kid can come in and make an instant impact, Dom is gonna be fit and stay fit or we’re still gonna need another striker and I think it’ll be the latter and I think things will move in the once gray goes out

I remember the Charity Shield from the last two seasons and thinking, we are so not ready and this can't be allowed to happen again. Here we are in exactly the same situation for the third time - two forwards light and a week away from the opening fixture. Bizarre and sad how badly run we are.

But we had Moshiri “begging” Bill to stay for the summer for his “experience,” what more could you want?

realistic / nagative but i can only see the Portuguese lad being done this week and Cannon out on loan. I think the Gray transfer will be drawn out till after our 1st game. So no movement / money on any incoming (desperately needed) striker + winger. So that leaves 2,5 weeks after that to sign a striker, winger and defender (something tells me we wont bring in another midfielder and cover with Dele / Iwobi and keep Dobbin). And getting 4/5 out of the door in that same period.

IF (big if) we get any more after Chermiti, it’ll be close to the window closing. So at best, we are going into some crucial early games light. At worst, we are going into half a season light. It’s not being overly negative to expect no more after the last two windows. January was the worst window we’ve ever endured because of how desperately we needed players, and still the club did nothing so don’t hold your breath.

IF (big if) we get any more after Chermiti, it’ll be close to the window closing. So at best, we are going into some crucial early games light. At worst, we are going into half a season light. It’s not being overly negative to expect no more after the last two windows. January was the worst window we’ve ever endured because of how desperately we needed players, and still the club did nothing so don’t hold your breath.

Worst was Moshiri saying "we need a striker, we will buy a striker".

Then no signings and no money released again this window.

Worst was Moshiri saying "we need a striker, we will buy a striker".

Then no signings and no money released again this window.

100% that was filmed when we were in advanced talks with Danjuma. Not that it made the window any more acceptable, but at that moment in time he thought we had a forward player lined up.

January was a disgrace and this summer has been nothing short of exactly the same.

100% that was filmed when we were in advanced talks with Danjuma. Not that it made the window any more acceptable, but at that moment in time he thought we had a forward player lined up.

January was a disgrace and this summer has been nothing short of exactly the same.

Yeah some have said this...but we all know even though Danjuma played there in Spain, you wouldnt say hed have played centre forward if that was a question with money on it.

I mean its an option for us...but not an ideal one.

I know what you're saying but haven't we had a move blocked for the very player you're heralding Brighton for going for (Kudus)? He would have been ours on a different day. Isn't that evidence to suggest we do, sometimes, venture outside the PL?
I’m not hearing Brighton for signing him, the way they are run, look at last season
List the DOF
Manager
Coaching staff
3 best players

Still finished 6th

Compare that to us

Yeah some have said this...but we all know even though Danjuma played there in Spain, you wouldnt say hed have played centre forward if that was a question with money on it.

I mean its an option for us...but not an ideal one.

Moshiri hasn't got a clue mate if Danjuma was an out and out striker or not. This is the tit who thought it was a good idea to hire the likes of Allardyce and Benitez so any thoughts he has on football are null and void.

Just seen Trevoh Chalobah is the 4385th player in the last month to be linked with us, he will join West Ham.

Walt is supposedly having his medical today, we all known Weghorst will sign on deadline day and that will be it.

Hearing in October, there's potential for a transfer ban so we may not even be allowed to sign players in January and depending on the severity of any wrong doings maybe not next summer either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back