Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is stadium related why is it even being questioned at all? Stadium doesn`t form part of the P&S calculation...

I`ve heard that line a few times and think that isn`t the real reason.
I`m pretty sure Tax doesn`t come in to it either as it is based on actual costs of the footballing side of the business... If Stadium and Tax aren`t included in the P&S calculation then what is the truth?

We are being lied to! I thought someone mentioned a breach of about a couple of million related to one particular deal, not sure if true or what deal they were on about....

can we appeal id it goes against us is alot of ways could get us still feel it could be a fine
There is no appeal under the articles of the PL that all teams sign up to. This is a referral by the PL to an independent panel, therefore under the articles, I believe the decision is binding - i.e. no right of appeal.

There is no appeal under the articles of the PL that all teams sign up to. This is a referral by the PL to an independent panel, therefore under the articles, I believe the decision is binding - i.e. no right of appeal.
Yeah i still dont really understand it all i also thought was something to do with the stadium aswell that we got done for. Hopefully we can finally get out of this mess and start have better transfer windows.

Yeah i still dont really understand it all i also thought was something to do with the stadium aswell that we got done for. Hopefully we can finally get out of this mess and start have better transfer windows.
Yep. You're definitely right that we can't discount points deductions or even transfer bans, but my gut feeling would be a fine and a squad size reduction. Though the latter of which would be no punishment at all in our current state! 😄

I think that Gnonto is overhyped to be honest
Summerville looks a better player
Yeah, Without a doubt.
The lad played about half a season, was dropped as soon as things started getting a bit tense around Relegation fears.
Seems like the kind of player you've seen a million times before, where the pace blinds you into classing the player a lot higher then his actual ability deserves.

not saying he won't be a good player, But after nearly 2 months of the window, Why Did he start for Leeds in the championship today ?

Yep. You're definitely right that we can't discount points deductions or even transfer bans, but my gut feeling would be a fine and a squad size reduction. Though the latter of which would be no punishment at all in our current state! 😄
The league will do everything to avoid points deductions it will look bad on them and the league also would have implications for City's case. I agree large fine maybe squad reduction or a window ban this winter would be my guesses if we are done for a Tax issue on the stadium pushing us over P&L limits.

Wish I had your confidence. With the current squad we will be relegated with weeks to spare.
Don't agree if we make no more additions after Chermiti we are in a real scrap to stay up but we would probably do it not convinced the bottom half will be as even good as last years bottom half. Luton and Sheffield United will struggle and a plethora of other team's including us. If we get the two or three quality additions we should be ok but it's a big IF.

The natural progression seems to be 60 minutes in a real game. Why would we not give him a short feature and then take him out for the final half hour?
Sorry m8, that one I can't actually answer. You need to put that to Dyche + DCL together, so we can see the reactions after the Answers.
We possibly have 2 people here that have a totally different Answer to his Fitness and Availability.

People thinking that we should just about be safe from relegation aren't factoring in the likelihood of a points deduction. Case is due in October and nailed on we get some sort of penalty.....

That's why our start is so important, on paper the fixtures look easier, that's why it's unforgivable we haven't strengthend problem areas before the start
Everton probably has more 'firsts' than any other club in the league, but I'd be shocked and amazed if we were the first Premier League club to have a points deduction, especially for what I think is a fairly minor infringement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back