Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
F0nHz6EWIAExGta.jpg

*Everton

If there’s any substance to this latest ‘story’ then I could see big Dunc coming back. He was the guy that transformed DCL from a £1.5m bambi to a proper old skool centre forward. Chermiti is almost a carbon copy of Dom at his age so could be real value in bringing Dunc in to work closely with him

He did a bit of PR work through a piece in the red Echo just two days back specifically about Dom.

"He’s a great player who is dedicated, and I know he has tried absolutely everything to keep himself healthy. I know that for a fact.

"He’s been working through the summer to make sure he gets himself right, and if Everton can keep him healthy and fit, he will score a lot of goals; there is no question about that.

"They have absolutely missed him. They have not been able to replace him, and he is a big miss for them.

"Any manager will tell you that you need goals in your team if you are to win any game of football, and Everton have struggled to do that and win games at home.

"A large part of that is because they have not had the main man up there. Dominic is the main man when he is fit. I know for a fact that he is trying everything to be fit for that team."
"We had a great relationship, and he is obviously missing me, isn’t he? He’s not quite been the same since I left.

"Dominic is a great kid, and he will be back banging in the goals if he gets back on that pitch, and that will be the big thing for Everton this year."

Agree that Dyche is annoying when he talks about injuries, it's like he clams shut and 'touch and go' this 'fit fit' that, but it does look like Dom is coming back. He certainly expects to be playing Saturday anyway
On DCL he is taking the overseas clinics advice - if he plays him for more than 1 half starting off - he will undo all their work - so I expect to see a lot of 45 minute games then going to 60ish & then when confident 90 minutes ... for DCL

Please note that there is a massive "IF" in this post of optimism.
IF we get Chermiti in , along with an establised forward , a pacy and flexible player such as Gnonto , and another CB , then taking into account our boardroom mismanagement , and awful financial position , that is about as much as we can reasonably hope for , alongside Danjuma and Young.
I would be confident that we would survive then.
Whether the big "IF" actually occurs is a totally different matter , with the Chuckle Brothers in charge.

Just hope that when we hit a bad patch this season that we lose 3/4/5 let’s say on the soon that we don’t do what we have been doing for last few seasons and getting rid of the manager . Someone recently posted they felt if they don’t get in players for Dyche that yet again the club has failed the manager and I tend to agree with this . I can see a return possible for Barkley , once it’s on a wage that fits into our wage structure. I can’t see Gnoto coming in , possible the lad from Southampton on loan , we need to shift players though ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back