Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

This manager is dong my 'kin head in over him. "Not quite there yet...still working on him crossing over between training and getting extra fitness work".

The pampering of him is all contributing to his no shows. Buy forwards and forget about him...or sell him.

Two seasons in a row we've almost been relegated and one of the major reasons for that is the fawning that goes on over this no mark and the comic notion he can get us goals.

This manager is dong my 'kin head in over him. "Not quite there yet...still working on him crossing over between training and getting extra fitness work".

The pampering of him is all contributing to his no shows. Buy forwards and forget about him...or sell him.

Two seasons in a row we've almost been relegated and one of the major reasons for that is the fawning that goes on over this no mark and the comic notion he can get us goals.
Agree that Dyche is annoying when he talks about injuries, it's like he clams shut and 'touch and go' this 'fit fit' that, but it does look like Dom is coming back. He certainly expects to be playing Saturday anyway

He did mate.
Small but tricky.
Can't see him as a CF here to be honest. However paired up with another striker is a different matter.
He absolutely has pace to burn - he is lightning fast. I would see him more as a fast winger , with the ability to run at players and cut in.
McNeill tends to take it wide and try to circle to the left. Gnonto does like to go right and try to split guys to get in the box. His stature seems to help with that. He probably needs to force more contact and try to draw fouls once he is in there.

Although I think that DCL, when fit, is a good player , and makes us a better team , I do agree with you to a certain extent Dave. He is very "needy" re the support that we have to give him. Let's hope that this time all the efforts have paid off , and his injuries are behind him.

Selling him isn't going to be easy.

I back Dyche on this.

I always feel that when its quiet and not much happening, the high jinks start.

If there was anything worth talking about it would be front and centre and on everybody's lips.

But the Mods do not take any prisoners in Transfer Windows, so I may suggest people limit the trolling or prepare to face the Hammer.
This is worse than playing the ref.

Head patting mod fan.

He'll be starting agst Fulham of that I have no doubts.
Dyche speaks with forked tongue.

I'd be more worried he played down Tarkowski's injury "it's just a knock".

Absolutely. They need to be thinking of our strikers as Maupay and now Chermiti and thinking any games we get out of DCL as a bonus. So if we bring in Chermiti we still need a new striker.

Well it’s not a pointless signing entirely is it, he’s an investment, a project like Onana was. Maybe he comes in and surprises us and plays more than we thought he would, like Onana did? Cos I don’t think we initially planned to play Onana every week with how young and inexperienced he was at top level football.

But we need to be buying these young players before they go elsewhere and we’re in for em at 20, 30 million plus later down the line, that’s how we should be run, in a similar vain to Brighton.

But I’m sure we will bring in another striker, a more senior one that will deputise more often than not if Dom is out
You'd hope so but this is EFC we are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back