Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the Charity Shield from the last two seasons and thinking, we are so not ready and this can't be allowed to happen again. Here we are in exactly the same situation for the third time - two forwards light and a week away from the opening fixture. Bizarre and sad how badly run we are.

I heard that they make a point of watching every recorded match worldwide and more in person
Must have a lot of employees but they are easily paid by the gems they find
The Brighton owner has a company that is designed to beat the bookies using stats, you got to be a millionaire to get them to bet for you. They also have scouts for position instead of country like most teams

realistic / nagative but i can only see the Portuguese lad being done this week and Cannon out on loan. I think the Gray transfer will be drawn out till after our 1st game. So no movement / money on any incoming (desperately needed) striker + winger. So that leaves 2,5 weeks after that to sign a striker, winger and defender (something tells me we wont bring in another midfielder and cover with Dele / Iwobi and keep Dobbin). And getting 4/5 out of the door in that same period.

realistic / nagative but i can only see the Portuguese lad being done this week and Cannon out on loan. I think the Gray transfer will be drawn out till after our 1st game. So no movement / money on any incoming (desperately needed) striker + winger. So that leaves 2,5 weeks after that to sign a striker, winger and defender (something tells me we wont bring in another midfielder and cover with Dele / Iwobi and keep Dobbin). And getting 4/5 out of the door in that same period.
The business we do before the end of the window clearly depends on who we move on. If Maupay isn't sold then we will not bring in a new striker; if Holgate isn't sold then we will not be seeing any additions to the defence. For what it's worth I think it likely that we will manage to shift a couple and replace them with slightly better but it remains a worry

I remember the Charity Shield from the last two seasons and thinking, we are so not ready and this can't be allowed to happen again. Here we are in exactly the same situation for the third time - two forwards light and a week away from the opening fixture. Bizarre and sad how badly run we are.

….true, yet we still took points off City and Arsenal last season.

The business we do before the end of the window clearly depends on who we move on. If Maupay isn't sold then we will not bring in a new striker; if Holgate isn't sold then we will not be seeing any additions to the defence. For what it's worth I think it likely that we will manage to shift a couple and replace them with slightly better but it remains a worry
that Maupay point would be a tragedy because clubs wont sell their strikers so close to the end of the window. But it will be the truth i fear.

What's even more depressing about the Kudus to Brighton links are that it's not their first or last resort signing. They've already wrapped up two exciting talents in Pedro and Verbruggen, brought in solid experience with Igor/Dahoud and made a couple more bolstering/punt signings in Milner and Mazilu. They are operating in the way that we should be for a club of our size and magnitude. It's shocking how far we are behind some clubs in the league that based on history/fanbase we should be far ahead of instead.

What's even more depressing about the Kudus to Brighton links are that it's not their first or last resort signing. They've already wrapped up two exciting talents in Pedro and Verbruggen, brought in solid experience with Igor/Dahoud and made a couple more bolstering/punt signings in Milner and Mazilu. They are operating in the way that we should be for a club of our size and magnitude. It's shocking how far we are behind some clubs in the league that based on history/fanbase we should be far ahead of instead.

We should be in a position soon where we can just aim for 2 or 3 signings a summer. Madness how were always doing this scattergun approach.

Verbruggen will be a star and I think we should have sold Pickford and brought him in.

Joao Pedro should have joined a year ago and Kudus the same.

The positive to take from that is we were actively looking at 2 of them...so with money we could see progress.

Everton 'Fan's Forum', reading the room.

F24Tbz3WIAAltFl

We should be in a position soon where we can just aim for 2 or 3 signings a summer. Madness how were always doing this scattergun approach.

Verbruggen will be a star and I think we should have sold Pickford and brought him in.

Joao Pedro should have joined a year ago and Kudus the same.

The positive to take from that is we were actively looking at 2 of them...so with money we could see progress.
And an overhaul of our scouting system...it's criminal how unsophisticated our recruitment methods are. Brighton aren't doing anything supernatural; they were simply determined to put a modern wide ranging scouting system in place that would give them an edge over other clubs. It's the one thing we could do that will make a difference without costing a fortune

It almost feels intentional to me. This is beyond incompetence.

Yeah I get that, but then if we are trying to structure all our deals like that then the extra 2m towards a downpayment could still deliver 8-10m onto another transfer for someone we need now. But like I say I have just about enough faith that they are leaving what they need in the tank for other deals.

I think we’re hoping the Gray money will come in soon and hopefully Holgate will go but I just can’t see anyone taking Holgate permanently so it’ll just be the gray money we will have left to play with. Hopefully it’s enough to get us another 3 players or more depending on the type of deals we’re looking at, permanents, loans or frees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back